Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    i used cygwin
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    i already doctored and phone is fine just cant sign into profile, its tellin me its failing to sign in. would doctor really help this problem?
    It might. Maybe you accidentally pressed United Kingdom when selecting a country? I dont know why it would let you sign in once already and now it wont.
  3.    #23  
    pre + verizon cygwin windows 7 on a labtop
    i used cygwin
    That could be one problem too. I used that the first time I updated when it wasnt known to have issues. I started getting these random issues of not booting up and asked around here. Found out its not supported anymore because it can cause your phone not to boot up. However, I used linux and started over and doctored again, Its happened once since then and thats why I think it might be UberKernel. But I dont know for sure.
  5.    #25  
    well im halfway through doctor round 2 hopefully we are in buisness when its done!!!
    This happened to a friend and he wasnt using uberkernel. it happened to me once and i actully put it in the fridge to keep it cool during the start up. actually worked. mine would go from tux to hp back to tux.
    my friend was playing with voltage settings when it happened to him. stayed at boot logo. ended up having to dr. this was using f104 and was the first time he went above 1ghz. so we chocked it up to his phone not handeling the overclock. re dr and everything is fine with him running f105.
  7.    #27  
    phone is stuck in wifi and i cant activate my profile unless i turn wifi off can anyone help me turn wifi off on my phone even though there is no profile logged in
    phone is stuck in wifi and i cant activate my profile unless i turn wifi off can anyone help me turn wifi off on my phone even though there is no profile logged in
    Try going somewhere where your phone cant connect to your wifi. It should automatically switch to your normal phone data. Or turn off your wifi router.
  9.    #29  
    yeah bout that.........oddly enough i shut off my router and my phone went into 1x and then somehow reconnected to wifi even though there is no wifi around here but mine!!!
    yeah bout that.........oddly enough i shut off my router and my phone went into 1x and then somehow reconnected to wifi even though there is no wifi around here but mine!!!
    Wow. Ok, hmmmm. I've never done this before, but what if you turn your phone off, leave your wifi off then turn your phone back on? It should just start the setup over again I would think. Maybe it will forget the wifi connection and not try to connect to anything? Im just throwing ides out there. I've never had this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    None of this works. I had the same problem as the OP and it was impossible to even memboot. I spent hours trying different methods, including memboot. I had to eventually enter recovery mode to doctor again. Sprint Pre-, cygwin, windows 7, ASASEABAN simplified scripts.
    Cygwin is your problem. It is no longer supported. It made phone unbootable
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Not sure if this is any help, but i've seen different Govnah profile setting stick. Perhaps it would be worth doing a Govnah -> Profiles -> App menu -> disable profile -> Reboot, then install default kernel, then reboot.

Not sure if it will help or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Cygwin is your problem. It is no longer supported. It made phone unbootable
    I know that Cygwin causes this and I'm not saying you are wrong, but why would my phone have this problem after I completely started over in Linux and Re-Doctored using a Linux build? It happened once to me since re-doctoring in Linux.
  14.    #34  
    Its fixed I shut phone off and turned on + activated while driving around and it stayed in 3g and allowed me to log in. Um on a side note I was also updating palm catalog at same time as I was doing above listed things...could simultaneous preware and app catalog updates cause this? Maybe how many things I was multi-tasking simultaneously
    Its fixed I shut phone off and turned on + activated while driving around and it stayed in 3g and allowed me to log in. Um on a side note I was also updating palm catalog at same time as I was doing above listed things...could simultaneous preware and app catalog updates cause this? Maybe how many things I was multi-tasking simultaneously
    I didnt know preware and the app catalog can update at the same time. I have gotten messages saying "there is an app catalog process blah blah blah...wait for it to be done" or something like that.
  16.    #36  
    maybe not at same exact time but all in like fifteen minute window definitely all those cards were up at same time for a bit maybe not downloading at same time, only reason I wonder is becuz I've deleted and reinstalled uber kernel as well as doctored several times b4 and have never had problems of any kind with the meta doctor or preware...
    maybe not at same exact time but all in like fifteen minute window definitely all those cards were up at same time for a bit maybe not downloading at same time, only reason I wonder is becuz I've deleted and reinstalled uber kernel as well as doctored several times b4 and have never had problems of any kind with the meta doctor or preware...
    Yeah, I dont think it can be narrowed down to one thing. Every time my phone had that problem, I was doing different things.
  18.    #38  
    I'm fairly confident in fix should I try to make this happen again?
  19.    #39  
    had another thought!! This was the first time I have ever removed uberkernel in preware! I've only ever forced the recovery stock kernel over uber in preware might this be it? The recovery kernel says it force installs so I've never tried just uninstalling b4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12