1.    #1  
    So Wifi or 3g isn't necessary to view them. I'm going to Europe this week, no CDMA sparce wifi, I know I'll be getting lost all over the place.

If not from google maps is there another solution that would let me have digital maps w/o a data connection?
    no but nDrive just released an app for that. Its expensive though. Check the precentral home page.
    The "pricey" comment it relative. That is actually the cost of most similar apps on other platforms.

If you're looking for cheap or 1.4.5 support you might want to see if you can make Navit work for you.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...on-system.html
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the options, but I was looking for an overhead view (I'll be walking, not driving). I guess I'll just have to buy a paper map.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    You can download Openstreet maptiles using Mapping Tool Pro. I've done this for topo maps when planning some hiking.
  6.    #6  
    That looks like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
    With Navit, you can view the maps in 2D or 3D, plus its all on-device, no data connection needed.
  8.    #8  
    I'm prolly missing something really simple here, but I can't figure out how to download the maps for Navit.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I'm prolly missing something really simple here, but I can't figure out how to download the maps for Navit.
    Read this: Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

Get your map here: Navit :: Planet Extractor
  10.    #10  
    Amazing man thanks, all I needed was that planet extractor link.
    No Problem.