1.    #1  
    Hey, does anybody know of a patch/app that will let me choose a folder of ringtones, so that each time I get a call or text a different one plays? I've been looking but haven't found anything yet...
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    +1

I don't know of one for WebOS but it's not a bad idea.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I dont think this can be done as a patch but maybe as an app. Will need a service to run in the background to listen for incoming calls and make a random shift in the preference setting, point to a random file scanned in the ringtone directory.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    hopefully someone with the talent can create a solution. Are you sure it can't be done as a patch? I was thinking a line of code in the messaging app that sets a global variable to a random number when a message is recieved, and then have the ringtone app patched so it sets your ringtone to (generated number).mp3. then all you have to do is rename your random tones as 1.mp3, 2.mp3, etc.
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    Free Music ringtones swaps the ringtone from a range of 5 minutes to every 2 days. I believe there is a thread for it.