Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4146474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1081
Like Tree13Likes
    Regarding .conf files not opening the Internalz editor:

1. Go to device info
    2. Open the app menu ("Preferences") and choose "Default Applications"
    3. Scroll down to file types and search for ".conf"
    4. Tap on it and choose "Internalz Pro"

Conf files will open up with the Internalz editor in the future.
    So I tried doing the steps to increase the size of the swap partition. It appears that a 1.4.5 Pixi doesn't have the resizefat command. Any chance I can get this installed via optware? Perhaps another way through using Terminal on OS X or Ubuntu?
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    So I tried doing the steps to increase the size of the swap partition. It appears that a 1.4.5 Pixi doesn't have the resizefat command. Any chance I can get this installed via optware? Perhaps another way through using Terminal on OS X or Ubuntu?
    Neither does my 2.1 pixi .
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Neither does my 2.1 pixi .
    I did find fatresize in optware, so we'll see how that works. Unfortunately, it's an unstable version. Anybody know where I can find a stable arm version as a ipkg?
    I did find fatresize in optware, so we'll see how that works. Unfortunately, it's an unstable version. Anybody know where I can find a stable arm version as a ipkg?
    I can't seem to find it in Preware...

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    I can't seem to find it in Preware...
    Not in Preware. Need to manually grab it via commandline. Or, go to the repository, grab the ipkg, and install via QI.
    @rmausser: so, do we know if the compcache patch is fixed yet?
    Not in Preware. Need to manually grab it via commandline. Or, go to the repository, grab the ipkg, and install via QI.
    Going to it now!

Don't see it in ipk.preware.org . Could you point me to it?

Going to it now!

Don't see it in ipk.preware.org . Could you point me to it?
    Optware - WebOS Internals

If you're uncomfortable w/ commandline, then don't do it, especially since it seems only unstable releases are available.
    I havent modified the swap, but out of nowhere past 2 days my swap just climbs to 100ish and the phone freezes. No major changes or new software. I dont know what happened. Was working amazingly. Now I can even use it basically. I have all the basics in place to run smoothly on 2.1.
    Quick question for all. In recovery mode, novaterm doesn't go into root, as it seems that linux hasn't booted up yet. After starting in recovery, is there a step that I need to do before running novaterm?
    Once in a while I have this problem. I reboot both devices (PC & Pre) then I get to root. Don't know why, but works for me most of the time.
    I created a patch for the compcache modification, but since i've already changed that file, i did not test it on the device. Feel free to give it a go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by inta; 08/02/2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    I created a patch for the compcache modification, but since i've already changed that file, i did not test it on the device. Feel free to give it a go.
    But I thought all is well with the original patch (see below). What did you need to change and what did you change it to??

Sorry for the confusion rmausser and all. I thought the point was to keep compcache on but without backing_store. In that case, the compcache patch does work as intended. It appaers I miss understood it's purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    @rmausser: so, do we know if the compcache patch is fixed yet?
    from all the posts if it just isnt installing at all or if people are confused that its disabling compcache and seeing that as a problem, when it should be doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I havent modified the swap, but out of nowhere past 2 days my swap just climbs to 100ish and the phone freezes. No major changes or new software. I dont know what happened. Was working amazingly. Now I can even use it basically. I have all the basics in place to run smoothly on 2.1.
    Did you install the other patches?

Without a bigger swap the sysctl.conf patch will definitely fill your 100mb swap very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePie View Post
    But I thought all is well with the original patch (see below). What did you need to change and what did you change it to??
    I understood, that the patch itself is not working correct, there is nothing wrong with rmaussers instructions. I followed them and they work for me.
    I took a look at the patch from the wiki and i think it is strange, so i created a new one. That patch is not supposed to do anything else than rmausser said.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Did you install the other patches?

Without a bigger swap the sysctl.conf patch will definitely fill your 100mb swap very quickly.
    So are you saying that to get the full benefit from the sysctl.conf and luna.conf patches, you have to also resize your swap and disable compcache?

Just I was under the impression that you could use the two patches above as standalone optimizations!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quick question for all. In recovery mode, novaterm doesn't go into root, as it seems that linux hasn't booted up yet. After starting in recovery, is there a step that I need to do before running novaterm?
    Alright, so I was able to start up with media/internal unmounted. Problem is, doing so prevents the /media/cryptofs/optware.ext3 partition from mounting. So it seems that unless I can move fatresize and parted to / vs. /opt, I can't resize my partition, unless I metadoctor. That too is a problem since I don't have the Xcode CD for my gf's 10.6 MacBook (I love how Apple replaces the hard drive, upgrades the OS, but they don't give you a CD to reinstall in case "stuff" goes down) so I can't install Mac Ports on it. My old Power Mac G4 would work, but it doesn't have the latest version of java (thank you Apple, and I don't have time to do the Soy Latte version). Then of course I could use my work laptop but I'm not sure if I can run VMware for Ubuntu (plus I'm leaving soon).

So, for you Linux guys out there, would it be fine if I moved the stuff for those packages from /opt to /? Is everything just located within /sbin, /lib and /include of /opt? Would it be fine if I did just a direct transfer, or is there some other way to resize the inner partition? Note I don't care if it gets wiped, so any other viable method would be nice to know.
    Alright, so I was able to start up with media/internal unmounted. Problem is, doing so prevents the /media/cryptofs/optware.ext3 partition from mounting. So it seems that unless I can move fatresize and parted to / vs. /opt, I can't resize my partition, unless I metadoctor. That too is a problem since I don't have the Xcode CD for my gf's 10.6 MacBook (I love how Apple replaces the hard drive, upgrades the OS, but they don't give you a CD to reinstall in case "stuff" goes down) so I can't install Mac Ports on it. My old Power Mac G4 would work, but it doesn't have the latest version of java (thank you Apple, and I don't have time to do the Soy Latte version). Then of course I could use my work laptop but I'm not sure if I can run VMware for Ubuntu (plus I'm leaving soon).

So, for you Linux guys out there, would it be fine if I moved the stuff for those packages from /opt to /? Is everything just located within /sbin, /lib and /include of /opt? Would it be fine if I did just a direct transfer, or is there some other way to resize the inner partition? Note I don't care if it gets wiped, so any other viable method would be nice to know.
    So I answered my questions. Moving the stuff from /opt to / allowed me to resize my swap. I will see how things perform after I recover (had to doctor since the first shot failed). My last question though is, is there a way to check to see if there is any unused space (space not assigned to a partition/volume)? I just want to make sure that whatever I used for adjustment didn't leave any left from rounding. But, great to see the Pixi is a swap monster (reducing media to 6G allowed me to get a swap of 552MB).