Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    hello rmausser.
    i've install sysctl.conf patch and luna.conf patch ok.
    trying to install compache with internal or WOSQI, i've got the same issue.
    i let you a screencapture to see it.
    can you help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by judabricot View Post
    hello rmausser.
    i've install sysctl.conf patch and luna.conf patch ok.
    trying to install compache with internal or WOSQI, i've got the same issue.
    i let you a screencapture to see it.
    can you help me?
    same problem here
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post
    im just about to increase the swap partition, but im trying to back up my palm profile first, but the backup keeps failing, any other way i can backup my device? i just want to keep my conversations and call logs, ive used save/restore for the rest of it.
    ive got a pre- 2.1 F105 kernel
    Can you see when the last successful b/u occurred? If it was recent enough then just go ahead and do the wipe, but if you've got little to lose then do the following, it worked for me with the same problem. Turn off backups (in the backup app top right corner). It will affirmative with you and ask if you want to delete the b/u on file, choose the affirmative. Then turn it back on and do a manual backup. It should work this time.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ill give that a try, my last backup was about 3 weeks ago, so theres a bit to lose, thanks for help

also on the wiki it sayd to wipe usb partition, im assuming that means uninstall all apps and patches aswell?
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgie View Post

also on the wiki it sayd to wipe usb partition, im assuming that means uninstall all apps and patches aswell?
    Nah, no need. USB is /media/internal/ , apps and patches are stored in other places. Just plug your phone into the comp. Go into USB mode. Navigate to My computer and find the drive. Right-click and choose "format".
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks! gunna give it a try now, fingers crossed it all goes fine

Edit: my backup is still failing even after i disabled, and re-enabled backups
    Last edited by sturgie; 07/20/2011 at 08:41 AM.
    And you have EV internet?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ermm if thats 3g? im in the uk, ive tried 3g and on wifi b/u always fails
    Yes, 3G is like EV (GSM vs. CDMA).

I guess you tried to restart the device already? Try to restart it in with backups in the off position. Do a full device restart, not Luna restart.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    then yea ive got 3g
    (sorry to mods from drifting from the main topic, thought i'd get a quicker response)
    The compcache.patch need to be recreate. Please re-UnifiedDiffCreator the mod file with the original compcache. I saw some difference such as "memlimit_kb=10204" vs "memlimit_kb=10240", "backing_store" vs "backing_swap", and extra blank line after "swapon". After I edited them and one line reference the patch installed without any problem.

Regards...
    Last edited by somagarn; 07/20/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Yeah...I messed up with the compcache patch....

Sorry guys, I'll fix it very soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by somagarn View Post
    The compcache.patch need to be recreate. Please re-UnifiedDiffCreator the mod file with the original compcache. I saw some difference such as "memlimit_kb=10204" vs "memlimit_kb=10240", "backing_store" vs "backing_swap", and extra blank line after "swapon". After I edited them and one line reference the patch installed without any problem.

Regards...
    If you want please email me or pm the patch changes... Thanks

The compcache patch has now been fixed

enjoy

WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals
    First of all, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Now, 2 quick questions:

1) Is this still considered "beta", so we should please get lots of feedback if possible, or is this pretty much deemed safe and secure (of course only if the steps are followed precisely)?

2) What if I have a different OC kernel? I have UK set on 500/1000 screenstate for regular usage, and I have an MS setting to take it to 500/1000 conservative (on demand style) for when I'm charging the device. So does is make a difference at all that I'm not using F105??

Thanks in advance...
  16.    #896  
    I haven't been here in a while, I recently frankenpre'd my phone and it seems to handle 2.1 better.

so my question is if I should update the first post to reflect whats currently available and also what post number I should referance. If this is not needed at this time just ignore it and if in the future the first post needs to be altered just pm me and I will happily take care of it.

thanks again for all the effort and figuring that has made this all possible

update: first post updated to point to wiki
    Last edited by loopytee; 07/20/2011 at 08:27 PM.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    No need to any more. just point it to the Wiki poster a page back.
    I want to try this, but am hesitant on my main device. I use sprin pre w 2.1 and F104A kernel with 1.1ghz OnDemand w/ 128swap and it seems to finally allow me to open 2-4 apps without lag now. Before 2 cards would barely load. My wifes 1.4.5 pre can open apps so much quicker. I may try this tweek on my spare Pre and if it feels safe/better I'll apply it. Nice contribution
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePie View Post
    First of all, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Now, 2 quick questions:

1) Is this still considered "beta", so we should please get lots of feedback if possible, or is this pretty much deemed safe and secure (of course only if the steps are followed precisely)?

2) What if I have a different OC kernel? I have UK set on 500/1000 screenstate for regular usage, and I have an MS setting to take it to 500/1000 conservative (on demand style) for when I'm charging the device. So does is make a difference at all that I'm not using F105??

Thanks in advance...
    Please always give lots of feedback.

You can use any kernel you want.

I just have found F105 to be the best as it overclocks the ram, which is where the problem of the huge lock ups and lags originate.

As far as feedback: don't expect your Pre Minus to run like the Pre2 because of these patches.

All this will do is 'smooth' the bumps, aka hopefuly turn huge lockups and lag into tiny little hangs here and there.

This isn't a miracle, but should help significantly.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    First off, THANK YOU. Even though I'm about to report a problem with compcache.patch, the stuff before that in the wiki has made a huge difference.

I have attached a screenshot showing the error I get when trying to install compcache.patch with Internalz Pro. Is it something I'm doing wrong (it is late here and my head is all fuzzy) or is there still a problem with the file?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    chopstick likes this.