Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I just updated the instructions in post #18 to use directories which don't need rootfs write access.
    ha ha, i was just typing looking for some help in regards the no permission issue i am running into and BAMM! you already have an answer before I even press send! Very impressive, Jedi Tricks?

will give the new instructios a try
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  2.    #22  
    9) verify that this is working by going to the /var/log/messages file and looking for the text: "swap_used_space is bigger than ____" where ____ will be 51200 normally, unless you've changed the limit. You will only see this message if it is executed, so wait until your swap fills up, and (hopefully) empties.

how do i do this?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
  3.    #23  
    well, when i look for the files using internlz, it shows both files where they are suppose to be. I have done a few full reboots and according to Govnah the memory is showing 236/60. doesn't seem to be reducing. even after screen shuts off for a few minutes it is still at 236/60

also, on reboot quite a few of my launcher icons have moved around in the Launcher screens. and the homebrew apps (govnah,preware etc.) are no longer showing up in my quick launch bar. they are still on the pre, just not in the quick launcher, otherwise nothing else that i've noticed yet

Sorry to hear this is not working and may have screwed up your icons. I'll try to get in touch with the author of the script or someone who knows something about coding (not me) to weigh in.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post

how do i do this?
    Navigate to that file with internals, copy it to /media/internal/ then email it to yourself and view on your pc.
    Since I have a hardware and similar problems than loopytee I will try those programs but I've seen differences between Xamil code published here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2941141
    and those found in the zip published by NickVTPre (maybe because they are written by editor in MACOSX?), apart from the fact of change of the target directories for the two files so that write permission was not needed for rootfs.

Xamil code for swapcleanup:
    Code:
    # -*- mode: shell-script; -*-
    start on stopped swaphack
    console output
    exec /etc/init.d/swapcleanup.sh
    NickVTPre code for swapcleanup in "swapcleanup files.zip":
    Code:
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1038\cocoasubrtf350
    {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
    \pard\tx720\tx1440\tx2160\tx2880\tx3600\tx4320\tx5040\tx5760\tx6480\tx7200\tx7920\tx8640\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 # -*- mode: shell-script; -*-\
    start on stopped swaphack\
    console output\
    exec /var/usr/bin/swapcleanup.sh}
    And Xamil code for swapcleanup.sh:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    limit=71680

tail -f /var/log/messages \
      | awk '/hidd: DisableTouchpanel/ { print; fflush() }' \
      | while read -r line; do
    	swap_used_space="$(swapon -s | grep store-swap | awk '{ print $4 }')"
    	if [ "$swap_used_space" -gt "$limit" ]
    	then
    		#echo "$swap_used_space is bigger than $limit"
    		swapoff -a && swapon -p 1 /dev/mapper/store-swap
    	fi
      done
    And NickVTPre code for swapcleanup.sh in "swapcleanup files.zip":
    Code:
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1038\cocoasubrtf350
    {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
    \pard\tx720\tx1440\tx2160\tx2880\tx3600\tx4320\tx5040\tx5760\tx6480\tx7200\tx7920\tx8640\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 #!/bin/sh\
    limit=51200\
    \
    tail -f /var/log/messages \\\
      | awk '/hidd: DisableTouchpanel/ \{ print; fflush() \}' \\\
      | while read -r line; do\
    	swap_used_space="$(swapon -s | grep store-swap | awk '\{ print $4 \}')"\
    	if [ "$swap_used_space" -gt "$limit" ]\
    	then\
    		#echo "$swap_used_space is bigger than $limit"\
    		swapoff -a && swapon -p 1 /dev/mapper/store-swap\
    	fi\
      done}
    Sorry if this reply is obvious for someone with Unix skills.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Since I have a hardware and similar problems than loopytee I will try those programs but I've seen differences between Xamil code published here:

Sorry if this reply is obvious for someone with Unix skills.
    Stupid osx...

I've recreated these files in Windows. Hopefully that fixes it...
    Find them attached. I'll also update post #18.

Updated: I forgot to change the limit to 51200. Done now.

Update 2: I removed the file. Follow the most recent posts in this thread for the testing effort.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/29/2011 at 11:00 AM.
    So i tried this before and it didn't work. Is there anything I should do to revert prior changes before trying it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    So i tried this before and it didn't work. Is there anything I should do to revert prior changes before trying it again?
    I made a few changes to those files after i noticed a couple of typos.

you can remove the files first, you would type "rm /var/usr/bin/swapcleanup.sh" and "rm /var/palm/event.d/swapcleanup" and answer "y" when prompted.

Reboot.

Then try the procedure again.

Update: the final, corrected file size is 569bytes. It's possible there are typos still in it, but i've tried to make sure there aren't...
    Thanks. I'll try it in a couple minutes, but does anyone know where zip files from email are saved so I can unzip from terminal? Unfortunately I won't be at a computer for a while.
    you can download the patch which puts email attachments in the downloads folder.
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, my swap is at 60MB and still climbing... =/
    anybody else try this and get it working? really want it to, but a little hesitant to try.
  14.    #34  
    i've tried it and it does not seem to be functioning as hoped. The memory definatly still goes above 50. I don't think it's working as planned. I haven't noticed any adverse effects as a result of it being in place

* in regards to the icon issue I reported previously I just used sav/restore and restored the launcher and was back to normal, actually I am just remembering that I also downloaded the app catalog update around the same time so maybe the icon thing was related to that? I don't know for sure.
  15.    #35  
    could this have anything to do with uber kernal vs. F104 that I am running?
    i cant say for sure as i havent restarted but i updated my app cat and did not have a icon problem.

that could be possible. it was put in for the uberkernel thread. i too am running f-104. i wonder if it matters.
  17.    #37  
    i 'll try switching to Uber and see if that makes a difference, I'll post back after I try it
  18.    #38  
    as best as I can tell using Uberkernel makes no differance although I have not checked the log to verify this (It's like looking for a needle in a haystack searching that file)
    too bad.
    Testing the last clearing swap memory programs with F102B Delta Dagger 2.1.0-37. After launching a lot of apps and achieve a 236/54 MB reported in Govnah, nothing happens when I shut off screen for several minutes several times. Nothing about "is bigger than" appears in /var/log/messages file. I'm going to keep trying with different configurations.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast