1.    #1  
    so got my pre few weeks ago from when I got it I need put in a qutip like 2 x a day with the stupid headphone problem that it stays in headphone mode but today headphone mode stopped working and when I plugin in the earphone nothing happens like I didn't plugin anything can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    so got my pre few weeks ago from when I got it I need put in a qutip like 2 x a day with the stupid headphone problem that it stays in headphone mode but today headphone mode stopped working and when I plugin in the earphone nothing happens like I didn't plugin anything can anyone help?
    Do you have another set of ear buds you can try? sometimes those tiny little wires will break inside the insulation and the headphones will stop working. Also, have you run the interactive hardware tests yet?
  3.    #3  
    I tried other headphones still didn't worked runed the tests and didn't work
    Do have the Ghastly Headset app? Search for it on the forums and install it via WebOS Quick Install. Once you have it, open it.

Now, the way I have ALWAYS been able to fix my headset jack is by sticking a straightened paperclip into the jack towards the front of the device and just jostling it near the contacts. The app will tell you when you're successful.

Hope that helps.
    Qtips? Oh god no don't use those in the jack for that will just leave accumulated lint and make matters worse over time. Take a can of compressed air at that jack, make sure the can isn't upside down, and do short bursts in there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I used the ghastly headset app for months before I heard about the graphite powder solution. Go to your local hardware store and buy a tube of graphite powder (around $3). Puff a couple puffs in the jack and insert and remove a headset a few times. This has completely fixed the headset problem for me after the qtip/compressed air thing stopped working. You see, for us, it is a hardware issue where the little bit inside that moves when a headset is inserted gets stuck. The graphite powder simply and safely lubes it.
  7.    #7  
    ok guys thanx for the help now downloaded the ghastly app and it works when forcing so as long I have a way to make it work when I need it I'm good ! Thanx for the help
    the problem with the ghastly headset is that each time after you end a call, you have to switch the mode manually again to get it out of headset mode. I had to constantly just leave the ghastly headset open all the time because after you end a call, it goes right back to headset mode. The developer abandoned all development on it years ago because this was a bug he could not figure out. The graphite powder actually FIXES the headset jack, not just make a poor attempt at tricking webos into not being in headset mode.
  9.    #9  
    yea realised it now it sucks to have to change after every call I'll try to find this thing in hatdware store how much should I put a dot?
    I just squeezed the tube in the jack twice (gentle squeezes) and then turned it upside down to let the excess fall out (which was only a tiny bit that came out) then got a pair of headphones and worked it in and out of the hole [that's what she said] about six or seven times. The way I was able to tell when it worked was, while I was doing it, I had my phone connected on a call (to my voicemail) and just watched the headset icon in the lower left corner of the phone app and when it changed to the regular phone icon, I stopped. Let us know if this worked for you. The graphite powder should be in the area of the store where they make keys as it is commonly used for locks when they jam.
  11.    #11  
    ok tnx I'm gonna check tomorrow in hardware store
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Knock wood, that 3.5mm jack is the worst issue I have had with my Pre +. It was very upsetting until I went to only using BT speakers and headphones. I might try the graphite powder.
    Just went through all of this, none of it worked. On the phone will Bell Smart Phone Care, I've lost count now, either #5 or 6 is on it's way. Guess I won't have issues with my missing USB door or broken vol up button anymore or the scratched screen. Just happened to doctor back to 1.4.5 yesterday.....good thing. New one arrives before the weekend. Still haven't found a BT>FM transmitter so the BT wouldn't have been a fix for me either.
    Well stupid me...puts the order for the replacement phone. I hear sound out of the phone (MPR) but when I hook up the 3.5 -> white/red RCA's, I get nothing (at home). Fast forward an hour later, sitting in my work truck, paperwork messing around, I'm thinking I should try it again, same result.(FM transmitter this time). It dawns on me to open up the device menu and oh look, Media Volume.....0.

I mean it's good, but I have to go through a big hassle of sending this replacement back (or it's going to cost me $150, which I argued was a stupid deductible rate considering that's the price for a brand new one from Bell, which they said they would look into)

Weird that with no headphones/FM transmitter/3.5mm whatever I could hear it fine, but plug something in and nothing (until you turn up media volume, of course).