1.    #1  
    I doctored my Sprint Pre Minus to 2.1 today, with great results. Even flash works much better than I was expecting it too. I've always wanted a way to listen to all the ESPN radio stations, mainly the national stations, without having to worry about ShoutCast or anything like that. Obviously, when I open the browser on my Pre it says my browser is not supported. I instead typed in a direct link:

I'm a new poster, so I cannot post direct link to ESPN radio, so load up ESPN radio on your computer, click Listen, and copy the link from the new window that pops up. That is what I entered into my Pre's browser..

And much to my surprise, the player works perfectly without any issues. You can get the streaming videos, listen to all of the different stations, etc. without problems. On 3G there was the occasional stutter, but on WIFI it all played beautifully. For someone who likes to listen to ESPN radio while I'm in the airport, I was pretty excited about it.

For kicks, I tried loading up the Sirius-XM listen online page on my phone to see if I could get Howard's stream through the browser. I'm able to successfully enter my login details, sign in, and even select the various radio stations available, but I can't get any sound despite everything looking like its working. Has anyone had any better luck with this, or is there some kind of workaround now that we can use a somewhat functional flash plugin.

If there was a way to get Howard Stern's Streams (without ShoutCast) my Palm Pre on 2.1 would be perfect.
    I would like to know this as well. If I can get Howard streaming on 2.1 (legally) then I will most likely not jump ship to Android and will doctor to 2.1 from 1.4.5. I've had palm phones for nearly 10 years.

Someone save a teetering 10 year HP/Palm soul!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Ditto
    You can listen to ESPN radio podcasts through the Dr Podder app.

Also... I just checked and you can add the Howard Stern podcast feed to Dr Podder and the episodes show up, but they don't download. Most likely because they are in an unsupported format. Hmmm..
    Or perhaps just because Dr Podder has taste
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Or perhaps just because Dr Podder has taste
    ROFL... not a fan of the show in any sense.. but always happy to check things
    Have you tried vtuner.com? Don't know which radio station airs Howard Stern, but they have a pretty big database. Worth a try.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Howard Stern will download in Dr podder, you have to download in the first few hours of them being posted. I am guessing they are not left on the server.
    Been waiting for this ability since launch day, especially since Sirius was advertised in the box literature or pamphlet that came with my phone. I think the term "bait & switch" would apply to that advertising technique since you can't get it when I just assumed it would be available "in the coming months" 21 months ago...
    Tune In by RadioTime -- gets every local station I can think of.. get any station across the country.. including every espn station.. streaming live.. you can set up your presets online.. free app.. been there since as far as i can remember..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by stock2255 View Post

If there was a way to get Howard Stern's Streams (without ShoutCast) my Palm Pre on 2.1 would be perfect.
    I listen to Howard Stern each day using Net2Streams Pro. Why don't you try that app?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Been waiting for this ability since launch day, especially since Sirius was advertised in the box literature or pamphlet that came with my phone. I think the term "bait & switch" would apply to that advertising technique since you can't get it when I just assumed it would be available "in the coming months" 21 months ago...
    Sprint used to offer Sirius radio, but now they offer just Sprint Radio. Which Sprint Radio offers all the different types of music channels that you would get with Sirius.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Sprint used to offer Sirius radio, but now they offer just Sprint Radio. Which Sprint Radio offers all the different types of music channels that you would get with Sirius.
    Huh? It's still not Sirius. Why would I want to pay for yet another music/entertainment service on top of the one I already have a lifetime subscription to? Plus it's just not as good. Anyway, my point was that I was lied to. They never officially gave me what they advertised which was supposed to be the first smartphone with a flash player and Sirius Radio- 2 of the biggest selling points I bit on. It just leaves me feeling burned, that's all. Yeah I can hear Stern on Shoutcast and yeah I baked in a flash player but it's an integrity thing. I was lied to, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Huh? It's still not Sirius. Why would I want to pay for yet another music/entertainment service on top of the one I already have a lifetime subscription to? Plus it's just not as good. Anyway, my point was that I was lied to. They never officially gave me what they advertised which was supposed to be the first smartphone with a flash player and Sirius Radio- 2 of the biggest selling points I bit on. It just leaves me feeling burned, that's all. Yeah I can hear Stern on Shoutcast and yeah I baked in a flash player but it's an integrity thing. I was lied to, plain and simple.
    Yeah but the Sirius Sprint used to have was still Sirius. It was a package of channels. It wasn't the full Sirius no, but it was still Sirius. I can still see why you would feel cheated, because you were lead to believe one thing and it turned out to be something else. The Flash player is still something that bothers me. The Pre and Pixi should have had Flash by now. But what did you mean by having a baked in Flash player?

Plain & simple instructions: Install Splashtop app for $4.99 from the app catalog and you will be able to get Sirius. Perfect on wifi, create/forward a port and you can use 3G (choppy at times) but you will get Howard 100 and all your Sirius channels by using the Sirius player (Slingbox will work too!)