1.    #1  
    my pre will not charge at all have tried multiple different chargers none will charge it it starts to charge then about 2 mins later an electrical plug is displayed any ideas? prefer not to deal with sprint... in that stage where they want 100.00 dect. but eligable for my full upgrade is july so its stupid to me being in college and all im not made of money
    How long did you leave it plugged into the AC outlet? If the battery was completely exhausted, it will need 10-15 minutes before it boots up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    How long did you leave it plugged into the AC outlet? If the battery was completely exhausted, it will need 10-15 minutes before it boots up again.
    But it shows a battery with a red line in the bottom.

The cable logo indicates that it had power then it lost it. I bet it's a faulty usb port I think it could be changed, but you need a donor phone. Check the marketplace section, you may get a frankenpre donor pre pretty cheap

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Plug it in and give it an hour. As previously stated, if it is completely dead, it will take several, several minutes before you see it charging.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can you try a touchstone backplate and charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
    Can you try a touchstone backplate and charger?
    I think the Touchstone only works if the device is on.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    do you have another battery to try?How old is your battery? It sounds like your battery is worn out. Heacy use will kill a phone battery in about a year. Even the dumb-phone batteries wear out around a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I think the Touchstone only works if the device is on.
    Can anyone confirm or deny this? Could someone try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    This is definitely true. The charging circuit only works when the device is on. It should always power up when put on a charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is definitely true. The charging circuit only works when the device is on. It should always power up when put on a charger.
    Sorry - but even if it doesn't charge - can you confirm it doesn't act like plugging in a charger? (Meaning does it turn on?)
    Mine will charge on the touchstone if completely dead, but the phone wont come back on until I press the power button. If it has a enough juice to show the battery icon, then it will come back up on it's own.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    If the battery is missing or shot, the phone won't move beyond the battery symbol when plugged in. If you power the phone off and put it on the charger, it will turn on. When powered off the charging circuit in the phone isn't doing anything, so it can't charge while powered off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If you place an empty phone on the ts it will start with the battery symbol and booting up after some time. The same as usb connection. But as Cantaffordit said if you switch the phone completely off (while charging) t will not charge.