1.    #1  
    Is anyone else?

I need to overclock to play Pokemon, but I have zero clue how.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Overclocking is a piece of cake - just load Preware (which you have to do with webOS Quick Install), then use Preware to get Uberkernel and Govnah. Lots of threads here to help you through that, but it's pretty straightforward.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    WebOS Internals wiki page gives a couple of methods for installing Preware:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Still on 1.4.5 and been running 1Ghz for months with no ill effects, really easy to set up as some pointed out.
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I'm on 1.4.5 and running the Screen state overclocking. I've noticed I have to turn it down to Palm default at night on Touchstone or my temp warning goes crazy.
    1.4.5 here on Pre Plus.
    I've used various kernels for overclocking including UberKernel, F102A, and F102B. F102A was the snappiest for me and F102B seems to be the least temp and lowest power use. In theory F102B can be configured like F102A but I haven't tried that. The features in F102B will be making it over to the stable feed in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I'm on 1.4.5 and running the Screen state overclocking. I've noticed I have to turn it down to Palm default at night on Touchstone or my temp warning goes crazy.

That's odd. Check in Govnah - do you have charger override set to TRUE? It should be set to FALSE to avoid overheating while charging at 1A.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I too am still at 1.4.5. No time to deal with getting 2.1 on my Pre+. When some of the patches I use get 2.1 treatment, I may make the switch though.
    I have a pre minus still running 1.4.5. I'm not over clocking at this time, I may in the future.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    have a pre plus from vzw, still on 1.4.5 and oc screenstate for almost a year now. no problem what so ever.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    just got a pre- for my wife from fedex today, getting clocked tonight!
    Yup, lots of us are sticking with 1.4.5. Like everyone else said, just install Preware and you're off to the races!

There's lots of threads in the forum with instructions to do it. Basically it takes 3 steps

1. download the files you need to get started (webOS Quick Install program, Preware package, etc.)

2. enter the special code on your phone to enable developer mode (a.k.a "rooting" or "jail-breaking" your phone)

3. plug phone into computer USB, then setup/run webOS Quick Install and use it to install the Preware package to your phone.

After that you can install anything else you want from then on directly from the phone using Preware. For overclocking you want to install Govnah first and then Uberkernel. Think of Uberkernel as what actually overclocks your phone, and Govnah is the program that controls Uberkernel by letting you adjust your speed settings.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    1.4.5 overclocked, but hoping for better
    I had all that when I had 1.4.5. Now both my phones are meta-2.1.0'd

I have found that 2.1.0 is getting well baked. I have uber and govnah and am using 1g/500m with great success. Also, many of the patches I liked are either included features in 2.1.0 or now available. The few I don't have I am not really missing.

Only the LED torch thing isn't working right now. Otherwise. I am enjoying what seems to be more speed and reliability and battery life.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I have a pre minus still running 1.4.5. I'm not over clocking at this time, I may in the future.
    Same here.

Wondering what happens to your contacts, apps, email, favorites etc... Would I need to save and reinstall all this?
    honestly it's simple to do, but I came back to 1.4.5

mainly because of lag, I tried telling myself 2.1 ran fast n didn't lag much with the overclock but when I went back to 1.4.5 with 1ghz I realized I was lying to myself.

this was on a OG Pre though, I'm sure it's tons better on Pre+ or Pre2