Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi,
    My German Palm Pre has just developed issues with many of my apps..

Problems include:

Scratch Word Processor - has just lost all stored files.
    Bible Reader (Free version) - no longer has access to the bible - just spins waiting
    Dr Podder...just crashes whilst loading feeds.
    Bible You Version - also just shows nothing when you attempt to look at a bible.
    Spaz - Twitter Client - will not load feeds.

It seems almost related to data access on some apps..but interestingly I can google search fine..email also works fine.
    In addition other apps also work with data..dictionary..translations programs..weather app.

Any clues? What can I do?

Please help!

Thanks.
    Have you tried a phone reboot?
    Using 3g for data AND wifi for data?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply...I'd tried all the restart options...was weird behaviour...

...and then suddenly realised....my 8 gig on the Pre was full!

Deleted some files....and everything (apart from Spaz...which has a bug I think)...is working again!

Makes me wonder whether 16gig on the Pre 3 is really enough these days...

Thanks!
    IF running out of space can cause this - the OS should do some serious monitoring of space and warn users - many are not OS savvy and could not work out what is wrong and how to fix it without a lot more handholding.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    IF running out of space can cause this - the OS should do some serious monitoring of space and warn users - many are not OS savvy and could not work out what is wrong and how to fix it without a lot more handholding.
    Yes...would have been nice to get a warning...it certainly did cause the issue with Scratch Word Processor, the 2 bible apps and Dr Podder...as soon as I freed up space...they instantly all worked again...even my Scratch files came back...
    I guess all of these apps must need some extra free space for caching etc. in order to function correctly..while many others don't

...while it was an extremely simple fix...there was no warning anywhere that I'd run out of space...just noticed the issue when I went to device info.

Incidently....does anyone reading this know how to delete files on the phone itself?

...I tried Goaruna...and just can't find any way to do this ...

...also tried filemanager in Preware...and it won't install on my Pre...maybe need Internalz first?

I think HP could also provide a way to easily delete files from the device itself.