1.    #1  
    I've used mobile hotspot before but all of a sudden it's not working. I'm not getting the error that says I need an addition to my plan, I can turn it on and connect my computer but my computer just gets dns errors. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Sounds like your provider has disabled using it. I had to have Verizon initially turn it on when I got my pre plus.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    had the same problem with the wife's pixi today. i called vzw and got no help. i pulled out the battery with the phone still on and it seemed to fix it. it's working now. who knows....
    Simple solution.....
    1. Delete MyTether
    2. Install freeTether
    3. Enjoy the internet!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    where can i get Mobile Hotspot??
    tks
    Thank you very much
    You might try renaming your network name in the Hotspot app (just tap on the name & type a new one). Turn off your computer's adapter and then turn it back on & let it connect under the new name. When my connection gets super slow or non-reponsive, it sseems to set things right.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    name change does nothing.... hmmm... crazy.
    i'm going to try to disconnect and rconnect it. we'll report back later.
    I have Sprint, and the one thing I noticed that messed up my Hotspot app is when it asks you to update it after you install it in the app catalog. Just don't update it and you will be fine, or you'll end up having to reinstall it. That happened to me before. Now, when I update apps, I just ignore the mobile hotspot app update.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Works for me with freeTether without any problems.