• Thumbnail (primary actuator)

34 51.52%
  • Thumb (any part other than the nail)

23 34.85%
  • Haven't really noticed it... both?

9 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay so I noticed (cut my left thumb nail after injury) that when I use my Pre I typically type with the end of my thumbnail. Its not long my any means but I primary use my nail to press the button. While on my blackberry I use my actual thumb to press the keys. Probably due to the angle of the keys but I guess my nail slides away from the keys.

I noticed it today when one was short and the other was the normal size and I could not type effectively. Sooo....

Have you noticed that? How do you do it?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Well.... I bite my nails (don't tell anyone) so I use my thumbs and not the nails.
  3.    #3  
    when i do str8 thumbs i start pressin' the wrong buttons.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I use my nails. So for the first couple of days after I clip them I have a really hard time typing. Guess I shouldn't cut them so short initially :-/
    pencil eraser (can't believe that's not in your poll)
    I see pandas.
    have tried both: thumb and thumbnail. couldn't get used to typing on the pre+ so i ditched it and got the pixi+. unbelievable! couldn't believe how much better the pixi+ keyboard is. like night and day. to think i suffered a year using the pre+ keyboard. i'm such a fool
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    have tried both: thumb and thumbnail. couldn't get used to typing on the pre+ so i ditched it and got the pixi+. unbelievable! couldn't believe how much better the pixi+ keyboard is. like night and day. to think i suffered a year using the pre+ keyboard. i'm such a fool
    really?! I guess to each their own...
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Well.... I bite my nails (don't tell anyone) so I use my thumbs and not the nails.
    +1
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I use my nails. So for the first couple of days after I clip them I have a really hard time typing. Guess I shouldn't cut them so short initially :-/
    I'm the complete opposite. My typing slows down as my nails grow. Different strokes, or keystrokes in this case
    back and forth, but I favor nails on upper two rows of keys more than the bottom two rows...sometimes switch to toenails when doing extensive typing...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    thumb without using nail not too accurate for me
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    thumbs. Nails are for old-style touch screens like the centro.

once you go multi-touch, its thumbs for typing and touching.
    I type with my thumbs. In fact, I type better when I clip my fingernails, the shorter the better.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I saw the title of this thread without reading its contents and realized as I was sending a few texts later on that I was actually using my thumb nail on my right hand and just my thumb on my left... My nails are the same length and my thumbs are the same size but I was just going as normal and found I was using both at the same time. Add one more thing to the list that makes me a weirdo...
    Thumbs. And with the size of my fingers, I have a hard time believing that so many people think the keyboard is too small to use.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thumbs.
    I'm SLOOOOOW one at a time, LOL
    Inner edge of thumbs.
    Mostly nails at an angle but occasionally I will use only thumbs, or nails at a sharp angle (for power typing).
    I usually use my thumbnails except when I've just trimmed them, in which case I use my actual thumb tip by necessity...

It's always such a strange transition and it takes a few minutes to get used to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast