1.    #1  
    Guys I looked and I'm not getting it so I'll apologize in advance. My Verizon Pre has the infamous 'stuck' headjack and nothing has helped. Fortunately its under warranty and Verizon is sending another one. I want to back up the PalmDatabase.db3 to my desktop so as to use sqlite brower to keep a bunch of old sms/text messages (I'm in the middle of a divorce).

I've installed preware and its up and running, now what do I use to get to the path:

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Is there a PreWare file manager that will allow access or whats the best way. I don't care about putting the db3 on the new phone, I just need to save it ASAP. Please help, and thank you VERY much in advance!

Kelly
    Kelly
    Long String of Palm Phones. Qualcomm, Kyocera, Treo and now a Pré.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoSSt View Post
    Guys I looked and I'm not getting it so I'll apologize in advance. My Verizon Pre has the infamous 'stuck' headjack and nothing has helped. Fortunately its under warranty and Verizon is sending another one. I want to back up the PalmDatabase.db3 to my desktop so as to use sqlite brower to keep a bunch of old sms/text messages (I'm in the middle of a divorce).

I've installed preware and its up and running, now what do I use to get to the path:

Is there a PreWare file manager that will allow access or whats the best way. I don't care about putting the db3 on the new phone, I just need to save it ASAP. Please help, and thank you VERY much in advance!

Kelly
    Connect your phone to your PC. On the PC open WebOS QuickInstall. In the menu choose to get a file from the phone and paste that in as the source path. You are close!
    Or you could use Preware to download Internalz Pro which is an on-device file manager and you can email the file to yourself. Internalz is pretty awesome. Use it all the time.

Whudup from Denver!
  4.    #4  
    Got the file off, exported from SQLite in CVS then edited and saved for readability. Thanks guys! Psychonaut, we should get together for a burger or something and you show me the neat stuff.
    Kelly
    Long String of Palm Phones. Qualcomm, Kyocera, Treo and now a Pré.
    Even if you activate your profile on another phone, you should still have your text messages on your old phone I would think. As long as you keep your old phone. Can anyone else confirm this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoSSt View Post

Kelly
    On the headphone jack issue do you use Pandora a lot? It is well known that if you exit the program and pull the headphones out Pandora is not shutdown completely it will leave the phone thinking it still has the jack in it. The phone is not damaged in almost every case.

Ya, I really need to find out everyone on here that is from the Denver Metro area.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    You guys from Denver are making me jealous. That's where I grew up. My son is graduating from Denver Seminary in a few weeks.

BTW, there was a meet-up of Denver webOS fans just a couple of weeks ago...
    I know I wish I could have went. Had to work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.