1.    #1  
    need help!

I received a refurb vzw pre plus due to a minor hardware issue. I was on 2.1 on my previous pre plus. I doctored that device to 1.4.5, as per rod whitby's recommendations, and signed in with a new palm profile to do a full secure
    erase of the device.

I then activated my new phone. When logging into the palm profile, I put in the wrong password 3 times (forgot the password for my profile) so I was prompted to change it, which I did and got an email to confirm the password was changed.

I logged back into my profile- but my data did not download! I already ran save/restore, and have a backup of my usb...so that info I will eventually reload, but I am concerned because my apps did not download!

mind you, I did erase my backup when converting the old device to 2.1, but when I logged in to 2.1, all my apps downloaded. When doctoring back to 1.4.5 on the old device, I did NOT touch my backup- left it as is, did not delete it this time, as per rod's recommendations.

so I'm not sure why my apps did not download on my new phone after logging into my profile- unless my profile is locked into 2.1 heaven somewhere. Will they download if I metadoctor my device back up to 2.1?
    I would have done that already but it seems the cygwin technique has been pulled, and I am having all kinds of trouble using the wubi installer.

at this point, I just want my apps back- don't care which os version I am on!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You doctored your old phone down to 1.4.5 before getting the replacement, right? And you signed in with a new "temporary" profile, right? If that's the case, when you sign in on your new phone with your temporary profile, nothing will be there.

I believe you will need to doctor up to 2.1.0 and sign in with your normal profile, then all should appear. The do restore as per normal.
    Dan
  3.    #3  
    I signed in my new phone with my original profile
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Well, I think you made life difficult for yourself. You should have erased your backups if you wanted to use your original profile back in 1.4.5 since you were at 2.1.0.

I don't know what you need to do at this point. What does palm report your WebOS version as when you sign in to the website?
    Dan
    I'd keep crackin' at getting 2.1 on there (do you have the old doctor you built with cygwin layin' around or did you delete it?) and hope the apps come back. I've read in several places you can't go 2.1-->1.4.5 w/out erasing backups. But what do I know?

If you didn't delete the doctor you built with Cygwin it will still work. You just can't build a NEW one with Cygwin.

If you still have it it will be a folder something like this:

c:/cygwin/home/yourusername*/meta-doctor/build/meta-carrier*-pre-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    need help!

I received a refurb vzw pre plus due to a minor hardware issue. I was on 2.1 on my previous pre plus. I doctored that device to 1.4.5, as per rod whitby's recommendations, and signed in with a new palm profile to do a full secure
    erase of the device.

I then activated my new phone. When logging into the palm profile, I put in the wrong password 3 times (forgot the password for my profile) so I was prompted to change it, which I did and got an email to confirm the password was changed.

I logged back into my profile- but my data did not download! I already ran save/restore, and have a backup of my usb...so that info I will eventually reload, but I am concerned because my apps did not download!

mind you, I did erase my backup when converting the old device to 2.1, but when I logged in to 2.1, all my apps downloaded. When doctoring back to 1.4.5 on the old device, I did NOT touch my backup- left it as is, did not delete it this time, as per rod's recommendations.

so I'm not sure why my apps did not download on my new phone after logging into my profile- unless my profile is locked into 2.1 heaven somewhere. Will they download if I metadoctor my device back up to 2.1?
    I would have done that already but it seems the cygwin technique has been pulled, and I am having all kinds of trouble using the wubi installer.

at this point, I just want my apps back- don't care which os version I am on!
    Not really sure why you doctored back to 1.4.5, I'd have just meta-doctored that refurb to 2.1 from the get go.

Did you take a look at the device info? This happened to me before when the meta-doctor somehow created a Dr. Skipped First Use profile.

Your apps are not tied to your backups, if you erase your backup, the apps you've downloaded are still remembered. If I were you, I'd wipe my backup and meta-doctor it to 2.1.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  7.    #7  
    thank you psychonaut! I deleted my backup from my refurb, found my old cygwin made metadoctor, and ran it. Logged in to my profile and again, and all my apps came back.

all is well again.

thank you precentral community.

can't wait for the pre 3!
    thank you psychonaut! I deleted my backup from my refurb, found my old cygwin made metadoctor, and ran it. Logged in to my profile and again, and all my apps came back.

all is well again.

thank you precentral community.

can't wait for the pre 3!
    Every time someone runs a Cygwin created meta doctor a kitty dies.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  9.    #9  
    sorry. Ubuntu doesn't play nice with windows- but kitties have 9 lives right?

sorry. Ubuntu doesn't play nice with windows- but kitties have 9 lives right?
    Ubuntu doesn't have to play nice with windows, Ubuntu has to run on its own
    But yes, they have 9 lives, you just made my day!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    This is just how it works when you go back to 1.4.5 but your apps can still be downloaded manually through the Catalog. And any paid apps you bought are still free.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    This is just how it works when you go back to 1.4.5 but your apps can still be downloaded manually through the Catalog. And any paid apps you bought are still free.
    Not exactly... If you go to 2.1, your profile gets upgraded, and it won't work properly under 1.4.5. You have to go and delete your profile backup (disable the backup in the backup app). When you login to your profile again your backed up data will be lost, but it will download all your apps automatically.

13.    #13  
    how so? When I saw the apps in 1.4.5, i was prompted to repurchase the apps-
    how so? When I saw the apps in 1.4.5, i was prompted to repurchase the apps-
    Perhaps you were using another profile. Out of the few things that survive backup erase in the Palm servers are your device identification data, your credit card data and the apps you've downloaded and the ones you're bought and are allowed to redownload.

Glad that worked out. It seemed like Cygwin issues just popped up one day and doctors built before a certain point were fine. But again, what do I know?!

[QUOTE=NuttyBunny;2945300]Every time someone runs a Cygwin created meta doctor a kitty dies.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

At least it's not a bunny. Fewer lives and it *is* Easter.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Not exactly... If you go to 2.1, your profile gets upgraded, and it won't work properly under 1.4.5. You have to go and delete your profile backup (disable the backup in the backup app). When you login to your profile again your backed up data will be lost, but it will download all your apps automatically.

When I went back to 1.4.5 i didn't delete my 2.1 backup and all worked fine, I just had to go through the Catalog & download each purchased app one at a time. I also have had to doctor 1.4.5 since then because of issues and it actually had saved my accounts, browser bookmarks, memo's etc still. Then I went to 2.1 again and all of that was still backed up. Went back to 1.4.5 for a few reasons and my 1.4.5 was still backed up other than having to re-download all my paid apps.
    I am going to revert back to 1.4.5, can someone please point me to the thread that describes the process for Ubuntu? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I am going to revert back to 1.4.5, can someone please point me to the thread that describes the process for Ubuntu? Thanks!
    mmm... download your device's official 1.4.5 Doctor, and run it?

Or even better, go here , give your serial number and download the correct version

I doctored back to 1.4.5 following the steps, and while they (my apps) didn't come back automatically...I was able to download them all manually for free (since I paid for them at one point). Have you tried manually looking for them?

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    It's rather simple, turn backup off, make sure it goes off entirely, I've hit the toggle and it still stayed on, do a full erase via the device info app, and redoctor using an official doctor from your provider