Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello,

Tried to post this in the homebrew apps section of the forum but I do not seem to have sufficient privileges to do that

I tried installing some homebrew applications, most work but some of them require some "services". The LED flashlight for example or the file manager (forgot the name).

Problem is that both LED and FileMGR services can't start, tried restarting the device, tried reinstalling both in normal and developer mode via Preware but no matter what I do I have not gotten a homebrew service to run on my phone.

Am I missing something?

I have the latest software update installed webOS 1.4.5 and my Pre Plus appears to have been intended to be sold in Germany (as far as I can tell).
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    No one knows why this happens ? Am I the only one having these issues?

A friend of mine just bought a Pre Plus that's identical to mine, services work just fine on his device. What gives?
    The LED torch app also requires SysToolMgr Service. This is not the same thing as File Manager. See the link below for complete information:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2120832
    Are you trying to install through preware? Have you tried quick install? I had a similar problem installing services through preware but would install through quick install
    What I had to do was remove the app, service whatever than delete preware. Then I removed the preware folder in save restore as well as the folder in .developer. restarted.
    Then I reinstalled preware and everything worked. I had something corrupt in preware that I kept putting back with save restore. So with a fresh everything I was good to go.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks, that sounds like it could work. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes