Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I'll be going home tonight and a verizon Pre Plus is going to be waiting for me! I've been reading through the tutorials on webos-internals, and have just one question...

Do I just make a regular Sprint 2.1 doctor and insert the tokens into it? After I doctor it, do I have to keep putting the tokens in all the other doctors I do to it?

Thanks for the help!
    I didn't do it that way. What I did was a two step process:
    1. Upgrade the hardware first using Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    2. Upgrade the software using WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

I have since re-doctored my phone several times without needing to insert the tokens into the device. The only time you need to do the tokens is when change the comms board. You need the tokens associated with that board in the phone.

I've read about others who have done the software first, then the hardware. But the webOS internals sites (linked above) don't have any instructions on how to go that way. So I stuck to the instructions.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I just did mine 2 days ago. I say the 2 step process is the way to go. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I didn't do it that way. What I did was a two step process:
    1. Upgrade the hardware first using Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    2. Upgrade the software using WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

I have since re-doctored my phone several times without needing to insert the tokens into the device. The only time you need to do the tokens is when change the comms board. You need the tokens associated with that board in the phone.

I've read about others who have done the software first, then the hardware. But the webOS internals sites (linked above) don't have any instructions on how to go that way. So I stuck to the instructions.
    But I am switching com boards so I need to use the tokens right? Or did I just misunderstand your post lol?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    But I am switching com boards so I need to use the tokens right? Or did I just misunderstand your post lol?
    Yes download "Show properties" from Preware and get your tokens from the Sprint Pre.

He meant that after the initial token bake, you will not be needing it any more to run doctors.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Ahhh ok, that makes sense!
    I edited the Sprint Pre Plus instructions on the wiki for those who would like to go straight to 2.1.0 and not use the 1.4.5 doctor...hopefully it is clear, if not, please ask in the http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-guide-65.html thread.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    He meant that after the initial token bake, you will not be needing it any more to run doctors.
    Yes that's right. I needed to do the token thing during the hardware upgrade. But after that I haven't touched the tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I edited the Sprint Pre Plus instructions on the wiki for those who would like to go straight to 2.1.0 and not use the 1.4.5 doctor
    Nice. Thanks.
    I just miss read you thread title as 'Sprint Pre Plus Synergy tonight'. Due to that, I came up with a better name for making a Franken Pre 2. It should no be called 'Synergizing you Pre 2 with Sprint". lol

Good luck with your conversion! I have watched a few people do it via the forums and the biggest problems I've seen are the Keyboards, Volume rocker, and the mute switch. Hope you get everything working!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Really thinking about plusing my sprint pre as 2.1 could use the extra ram and the exta 8gb storage would be nice too. Let us know how it goes/your opinions on if it was worth it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Really thinking about plusing my sprint pre as 2.1 could use the extra ram and the exta 8gb storage would be nice too. Let us know how it goes/your opinions on if it was worth it!!
    I just plussed my sprint pre and the extra ram makes a huge difference in the performance of 2.1. I could barely stand it on my pre-, but love it on the plus
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I just plussed my sprint pre and the extra ram makes a huge difference in the performance of 2.1. I could barely stand it on my pre-, but love it on the plus
    Thanks! I think i'll be on the look out for a cheap one.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Thanks! I think i'll be on the look out for a cheap one.
    Try Craigslist. Got a good condition pre plus for $60. Sucks because I ordered one (fair condition) on eBay for $54.99 before checking Craigslist. :/
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I got it doctored and it's a better experience for sure! When I goto the messaging app though, it doesn't have the button at the top like normal that says buddies where I can use my gtalk account. My account is definitely there, anyone have any ideas?
    Im not sure about that one. I don't use gtalk or any other messaging apps but I see the buddies tab. I doctored and redoctored quite a few times, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    When I goto the messaging app though, it doesn't have the button at the top like normal that says buddies where I can use my gtalk account. My account is definitely there, anyone have any ideas?
    Strange. It shows up for me just like it did back in 1.4.5.
    Attached Images Attached Images