1.    #1  
    hi all - first, i have to say I have searched a lot of posts - but maybe I haven't found the right one and it's already there...

now - my issue is the "FOTOS" (Photos) app:

the Palm Pre 2 (I loaded webOS 2.1 now) per default loads ALL found images from all over the palm (that's my understanding) - it does update after a reboot.
    I've got hundreds of CDs copied as MP3 to my Pre2 - all with the Album information also including the "COVERS" ... this is 4 (or some 6) small JPG for EACH album.

of course... this includes a very, very long list of items for me - items that I do NOT wish to be there.

-> Can I somehow limit the folders? Exclude folders? Maybe with a homebrew item? (I've also installed the WebOS Quick installer and loaded a lot of other nice patches with this...)

Thanks for any reply...
    Put your device into usb mode and change the folder name by adding a period to the front of the name. (example: change "photos" to ".photos") This will mask the folder from webos.
    This is the same thing that happens to me everytime that I put some music on mi Pre- 1.4.5 and I wish there where some solution for it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Put your device into usb mode and change the folder name by adding a period to the front of the name. (example: change "photos" to ".photos") This will mask the folder from webos.

well - that's true (didn't know that and just tried it out...) - and interesting.

But it only makes it worse...
    all the music is gone then in music-player, too :-(

I 'could' also just delete all "Cover images" - then I also get rid of them in Photos - but... I would want to have the covers - it just looks nice when you play music and see the Album cover of it...

so I really look for a "configurable setting" for the "Photos" App to tell it to exclude the 'tree' of xyz (for example "Music" that i have copied there) - or alternatively, to tell it to ONLY include images from "Photos" (would be a little less comfort...)
    well the periods are the only current way of doing things.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    The problem is that you have album art as separate files, rather than part of the MP3 tag itself imbedded in the file. There are freebie apps online that will allow you to properly tag your MP3 files with album art, such as mp3tag.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced