1.    #1  
    I have been having severe pain in my thumb the last week. A doctor found cysts today on my tendons of my scrolling thumb. Now I have to wear a brace for a few weeks. Damn Pre! Still love ya though.
    LOL you are holding it wrong! gotta trade hands periodically! Now seriously, is this really caused by phone use, or is it just a coincidence?
  3.    #3  
    Seriously I don't know. I do vary my hands but I use my left thumb predominately to open the phone, scroll, and of course aim my angry bird. I also do graphic design and play guitar so there are other culprits but I can't help but think the addition of a smartphone to the guitar playing and computer use didn't help. I figure this situation will help me develop my right hand pre-ing skills.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I have a Ganglion Cyst between my index and middle finger, right where the phone butts up against when the slider's open. I'm convinced it's my Pre's fault, as it's only occurred since I've had the Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I have a Ganglion Cyst between my index and middle finger, right where the phone butts up against when the slider's open. I'm convinced it's my Pre's fault, as it's only occurred since I've had the Pre.
    Interesting. Maybe HP should develop an ergonomically correct smartphone. That would be a first.
    New technology is always taking a toll on the hands. On top of worrying about carpal tunnel syndrome when playing video games or using the computer, now you have to worry about getting cysts in your fingers tendons from all the scrolling.
    i remember developing a recurring tension in my wrist which correlated exactly when I got my Pre. it has since gone away but I know it had something to do with getting used to holding the thing.
    See, that idea for borg interface implants to control our phones with brain waves is looking better all the time! If only we could solve the allergic rash issue...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!