Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    As of early this morning, my WiFi Sprint Pre wouldn't download or update any apps.

Tried rebooting, I did the Power button / ringer switch three times trick and re-logged in with Palm Profile - now ALL apps are showing "Download Failed".

Just spent over 30 minutes in chat with Leslie from Palm, after re-doing most of what I already tried she had me do a full reset, and then told me the phone needs a "data connection" as I can't log into my Palm Profile with Wifi only (even though I just did). I vaguely remember having to jump through some hoops when I bought this thing off ebay to get an account active (wasn't it because Wifi isnt up yet?).

All I use it for at the moment is for Slacker Radio at work and I'm thinking I may peruse ebay for something used, cheap and Android-based so I can have caching Slacker Radio and finally be rid of all things Palm.

So my main question: Is anyone else having problems downloading or updating apps from a Wifi Pre and why did this happen? Is it possible that Palm or Sprint somehow rendered updates null or is it just some odd glitch? It really does seem as if HP/Palm is trying hard to get rid of me as a customer so nothing would surprise me. I bought many apps on that WiFi only device so it's their loss really if they want to play that game.
    I have a WiFi only Sprint Pre and have had this issue off and on, but at the moment I'm not experiencing it. I've noticed that turning on the phone radio for a minute or so then turning it off sometimes fixes this issue. I've noticed that going long times without doing this can cause the date and time to be off. One time the phone thought it was June 2009 a few weeks ago. Everything I tried to download in the app catalog failed. Once I turned the phone radio on the date and time updated and I was able to download and update apps. Even though the phone is not in service it seems like it needs to connect to a tower periodically to run properly.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I was having the exact issue today & did the above Phone Radio trick now it works splendidly!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yea that was probably it, thanks. Wish the Palm rep had told me that before she left my Pre- in it's current state. $60 for a "bad esn" moto droid on ebay here I come.....