Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am an original launch day Pre minus owner. I am on my 6th Pre!! This last Pre I got (through Craigslist) in Nov 2010. I just had it out with 2 different Sprint rep and a supervisor on WHY I SHOULD NOT PAY THE $10/month fee that Sprint charges for smartphones. Yes I understand and applaud Sprint for being the only carrier to offer unlimited data but anybody who had a smartphone before Jan 2011 and hasn't upgrade to a new phone is not being charged the $10/month like myself. So why in the world if I need to replace my yet again dying Pre minus with another Pre Minus why should I be charged? When I'm not even getting the phone through Sprint or Assurion?? This phone is not 4G and is 2 yrs old!! So I argued and fought for my moral rights. And I'm glad that I won and won't get charged the fee for activating another Pre minus. In all my yrs I have never experience such frustration in being a loyal customer not to a carrier but to an OS of a phone. HP you say that ur going to make this right? I seriously have to see what ya define as "Right" When or if the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint.
    As has been discussed, HP has little control over carrier preference. If there has been a falling out and Sprint has presumably chosen to not continue with supporting webOS, then you are out of luck. I don't think there is anything HP can do to make it right for you as it might not be their fault.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Never did I state that this was HP's fault. But if HP doesn't have the $ or the corporate sense to get Sprint on board & they want to continue to have me as a customer. I suggest that they help with the cost of me going to another carrier just b/c I love their product which I assume the knew that the majority of webOS owners Are On Sprint. I didn't even go to college and have the business sense in me so how in the world doesn't HP's board members don't. Like seriously it's a no brainer. :-)
    I think waiting on some HP incentive to leave Sprint and go to ATT might take a long while. Sprint seems to have gone all in with Android, but you still have a month or two to be sure.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    That is true and that exactly the time I have left on my contract (July 10th) and here I am needing another Pre cus this one has radio & blutooth issues but Sprint won't replace it B/c the noticeable crack I have by the USB port. What that has to do with my concerns is anybodies guess but I sick of paying a deductable. It's like I've paid for the phone for retail pricw but yet I'm locked under a contract smh
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    And I seriously don't want to go to ATT I rather go to Verizon if that's the case =/
    The bright side though, is that your ETF (early termination fee) is likely to be around 50 bucks or so at this point, so leaving won't hurt too much.

ATT or Verizon are the likely landing places for webOS. Definitely choose which one is right for you as they both have astronomical ETF's.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Smh Yea I know.. Coporate America is grand isn't it? Lol
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    And I seriously don't want to go to ATT I rather go to Verizon if that's the case =/
    Well, I would definitely recommend Verizon, then. They replaced my Pre+ for USB crack. I had owned the phone for 10 months, suddenly got the USB crack, and they replaced it under factory warranty, not insurance.

If Sprint won't do that for you, and you have to fight so hard for justice with them, go to Verizon. (Just be prepared for GPS issues.)
    <tron>Completely off-topic, but was I the only one who found himself mentally shouting "I fight... for the users!" in response to the thread title? </tron>
    just wanted to mention sprint is not the only carrier offering unlimited data.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    just wanted to mention sprint is not the only carrier offering unlimited data.
    What are you talking about? Every other carrier other than Sprint offers you a minutes plan and you have to pay an additional cost for data and texting. And they only 2GB thats not unlimited. At least to me it isnt
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Well, I would definitely recommend Verizon, then. They replaced my Pre+ for USB crack. I had owned the phone for 10 months, suddenly got the USB crack, and they replaced it under factory warranty, not insurance.

If Sprint won't do that for you, and you have to fight so hard for justice with them, go to Verizon. (Just be prepared for GPS issues.)
    Yea Im concerned about that cus Im most likely moving to Florida and Ima rely on that heavy.. I just pray it comes to Sprint if I go Verizon hopefully the new Pre 3 wont have those issues and if it does most likely someone in the homebrew community will come up with a fix.. This community is amazing just as its OS..
    I know the OP is ticked off, but I can definitely recommend VZW and the Pre2. I did a lot of business travel in Florida when I first got my Pre+, and before that with my Centro. VZW coverage was excellent, and the Pre2 is a terrific phone.

The GPS on the Pre2 has been outstanding, as well.
    Another option that worked for me was to get a cheap VZW pre+ and install my Sprint comms board into it. (Instructions here: Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals.) From sprint's perspective, I'm still on the same phone hence no $10/mo fee.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I'm still holding out hope for Sprint. I love the Pre and webOS, but I'm a teacher, not a CEO or trust fund kid, so Verizon and ATT are out for me.
    I was going to suggest a swap as well. it won't cost you anything, give you better hardware, and Sprint will be none-the-wiser.

PM me for details/suggestions/help/an offer, if you want.
    "HP I hope ur reading this!!"

"Never did I state that this was HP's fault."

lol...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    "HP I hope ur reading this!!"

"Never did I state that this was HP's fault."

lol...
    *Sigh* Asking them to read about my experience as webOS owner on Sprint which I'm sure that there are many of me is not putting the blame. Their the ones who brought Palm and should know what we go through. Some may be different from mines but I wanted to share this with the community b/c I believe that anyone who is on Sprint and I'm sure many may have to replace their phones. And since many like myself love webOS they souldnt pay extra money a month over a loophole. I could imagine some who could've ran into this problem and out of pure frustration just gave up and went somewhere else to another carrier and another OS