1.    #1  
    Does anyone know a good way to clear the bookmarks file? I doctored to 2.1 last night, then this morning I used save/restore to try to restore my bookmarks. Something appears to have gone wrong, as it's taking forever for bookmarks to load, and some are gone. When they finally do load, some work, some don't, and some are duplicated. I tried to just pull down the list of bookmarks and delete them one-by-one, and it won't pull up the list. Additionally, I can't seem to add new bookmarks. I'm thinking it's best to just wipe and start over. Hopefully that will fix the problem?
    open up a browser card, chose the bookmark list from the app menu. The swipe to delete.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    open up a browser card, chose the bookmark list from the app menu. The swipe to delete.
    I added to the original post that I tried that. You replied too quickly!
    what version of webos do you have? I don't have my second pre with me at them moment to try with 1.4.5, but it works great with 2.x
    if you can't see the list at all, there is a patch in preware that fixes the problem of not being able to see/create bookmarks. Try that before doctoring. At least you will be able to see/delete them. Then manually run the palm profile backup so they stay deleted...
    I've tried to find a fix for this issue with no luck. I went to 2.1 and had the issue, so i did clear bookmarks and re-added all my bookmarks so they'd show. New bookmarks would go to the top of the list like they were suppose to and i was set I thought. Short time after they werent viewing again (perhaps after the palm backup ran?) and I use the show bookmarks patch and it would show, but only about 70% of the bookmarks. If I install the show 99 in the main view of the web app, it displays ALL my bookmarks, but you cant edit or rearrange from that view. In the list view, it would still only show some bookmarks. They all show in just type or history, but thats it. I may just clear my bookmarks and add a new launcher page as some have with JUST my bookmarks, and that way just type would find them still. I figure in the next OS update they'll fix it hopefully with no need for a patch.
    when you say 'show' do you mean the bookmark isnt there, or just that the icon in the bookmark isn't there? If there is a generic icon that will take you to the url, that's how it is supposed to work. By opening the link, the icon will return.

not that I like that, but that's actually how it works.

perhaps you can post a screenshot of your bookmarks page and bookmark list page?

and what happens when you tap the various bookmarks?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you can't see the list at all, there is a patch in preware that fixes the problem of not being able to see/create bookmarks. Try that before doctoring. At least you will be able to see/delete them. Then manually run the palm profile backup so they stay deleted...
    That fixed it for me. Thank you!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I went ahead and cleared the bookmarks. Last time I didn't run palm backup. I'll let backup run tonight, then try adding them again after. For now I just made the extra launcher page.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums