Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    My AT&T Pre Plus, metadoctored to webOS 2.1, doesn't show "AT&T" in the upper left corner like it used to. The phone is clearly connected to the network, with the 3G symbol and signal strength bars showing up and the web browser, phone, etc. work completely fine. I tried restarting the phone, and after starting up again, it would stay on "Network search...". I turned on and off airplane mode, but then it would only show "No service." I noticed that this happened after I put my phone in developer mode, and it had worked fine before this. I've included screenshots showing what's happening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/17/2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I figured out the problem: One of the Advanced System Menus patches was causing it. I uninstalled any that I had and the carrier name reappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmchatton View Post
    I figured out the problem: One of the Advanced System Menus patches was causing it. I uninstalled any that I had and the carrier name reappeared.
    The advanced patch you are referring to is the Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu patch.

So far (that has been reported to Sconix (by me) anyway) the top left corner of the top bar (where the carrier string resides and Mode Menu patch installed) will not display the carrier text if you are roaming. For me that is roaming on Verizon with my Sprint Pre-. As for roaming with ATT... not sure. Maybe it was on another GSM provider's network?

If you had the Mode Menu patch installed which it sounds like you did, the carrier text will not be displayed as well if you are in a different mode other than the default mode from Mode Switcher.

Sconix will be fixing that as soon as he gets some more time. He's a little busy right now with Mode Switcher, Tweaks and other patches.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie