Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_gmv View Post
    Hi Rod, thanks for your answer, but been there. The section
    "Doctor disconnects at 8%" applies to me and when I tried the
    "mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media" command the phone reboots itself
    with no changes.
    Post the log of the doctor run that shows that. I suspect that does not apply to your situation, and your situation is a simple windows novacom driver problem.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you start in recovery mode? And are you using win32 or win64?

Yes , Win32
    Tried with 1.45 2.10 doctors
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Clarkey, what version were you at before this all happened. In my experience I had to backtrack from 2.1 to 2.0 (since I was on a Pre2) to get it recuperated. I'm wondering if the delta in versions forces the logic of the Dr to actually laydown everything anew instead of just spot-checking and assuming that that is on the phone is still valid.
    I was on 2.1.0 for a UK o2 Pre, the only doctors available were the 2.1.0 (there were two of them) the 1.4.5 and another i think it was 1.3.5?

Bit of advice: When your installing the novacom driver, if you right click on my computer, manage and go into services, you can see if the palm novacom service is running. I couldn't start mine so i removed it using add/remove programmes. I also had to restart the computer once or twice but that got mine running!
  4.    #24  
    I'm back :\ turns out that after i updated to webos 2.1.0 again the same problems returned! Im currently re-doctoring back to 1.4.5 but it's just not as good once you've had 2.x!! Miss the stacking already! Any advice? Or am I stuck with 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Post the log of the doctor run that shows that. I suspect that does not apply to your situation, and your situation is a simple windows novacom driver problem.

-- Rod
    Here the log trying to doctor the pre+ with 2.1 doctor

20-abr-2011 12:30:22 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger commentOnJob
    INFO: Batteryower charged up
    20-abr-2011 12:30:22 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher <init>
    INFO: +++++MainFlasher
    20-abr-2011 12:30:23 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    20-abr-2011 12:30:23 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    20-abr-2011 12:30:23 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    20-abr-2011 12:30:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: Start time 1303313424039
    20-abr-2011 12:30:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: looking for /resources/webOS.tar
    INFO: com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher is loaded from: file:/C:/WebOS/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar
    INFO: jarFile path is: C:\WebOS\webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar
    INFO: full path of the baseBuild file outside jar is: C:\WebOS/webOS.tar
    INFO: full path of the customizationBuild file outside jar is: C:\WebOS/wr-castle-plus.tar
    INFO: found resource in jar
    INFO: Base build file found inside jar and loaded sucessfully
    INFO: Customization build file found inside jar and loaded sucessfully
    20-abr-2011 12:30:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.BatteryCharger endJob
    INFO: Battery Charging Done
    20-abr-2011 12:30:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: Battery Charger Stage

20-abr-2011 12:30:24 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Battery Charger Stage

INFO: Found DeviceType match for : castle

INFO: device believed to be in bootloader, will load ramdisk

20-abr-2011 12:30:29 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Starting: Loading Ramdisk

20-abr-2011 12:30:29 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: count is11888921

SEVERAL

20-abr-2011 12:30:34 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 26905

20-abr-2011 12:30:34 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

20-abr-2011 12:30:54 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

20-abr-2011 12:30:54 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

20-abr-2011 12:30:55 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

20-abr-2011 12:30:55 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P101UEU

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P101UEU

INFO: Found device Model match for : p101ueu

INFO: Starting: SaveLogsBeforeFlash

INFO: SaveLogsBeforeFlash: saving logs before flashing

20-abr-2011 12:31:17 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: SaveLogsBeforeFlash: mounted mediafs and logfs sucessfully

20-abr-2011 12:31:18 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -107 "Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/local/sbin/recovery/save_logs.sh
    "
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.issueCommand(NovacomDevice.java:96)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomDevice.runProgram(NovacomDevice.java:133)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.SaveLogsBeforeFlashStage.run(SaveLogsBeforeFlashStage.java:49)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:300)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    20-abr-2011 12:31:18 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1303313478324
    INFO: Starting: SaveLogsBeforeFlash

INFO: SaveLogsBeforeFlash: saving logs before flashing

20-abr-2011 12:31:17 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: SaveLogsBeforeFlash: mounted mediafs and logfs sucessfully

err -107 "Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/local/sbin/recovery/save_logs.sh
    "
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.SaveLogsBeforeFlashStage.run(SaveLogsBeforeFlashStage.java:49)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:300)
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1303313478324
    [/SIZE]
    I'd suggest doctoring to 1.4.5, then doing a full erase (back up everything on your USB drive first), then doctoring to 2.1.0

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'd suggest doctoring to 1.4.5, then doing a full erase (back up everything on your USB drive first), then doctoring to 2.1.0

-- Rod
    Hi ROd,
    Same Result. Here's the log

21-abr-2011 11:59:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 17774

21-abr-2011 11:59:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

21-abr-2011 12:00:27 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

21-abr-2011 12:00:27 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

INFO: Starting: AppDeletion

INFO: AppDeletion: deleting applications folder

21-abr-2011 12:00:40 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: AppDeletion: removed the appDirectory: /tmp_mediafs/.palm

21-abr-2011 12:01:02 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    err -107 "Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/sbin/lvm.static vgchange -an
    "
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.MountUtils.runCommand(MountUtils.java:196)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.MountUtils.umount(MountUtils.java:284)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.AppFolderDeletionStage.run(AppFolderDeletionStage.java:47)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:168)
    21-abr-2011 12:01:02 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1303398062160
    21-abr-2011 12:01:04 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    21-abr-2011 12:01:04 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    Hi ROd,
    Same Result. Here's the log

21-abr-2011 12:00:40 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: AppDeletion: removed the appDirectory: /tmp_mediafs/.palm

err -107 "Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/sbin/lvm.static vgchange -an
    "
    You have a corrupted flash. Look on the recovery wiki page for how to fix this.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    You have a corrupted flash. Look on the recovery wiki page for how to fix this.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, been there, if I try the process described there,
    when executing the next line, the phone reboots itself.

mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

Is there another method to recover the flash? tried this almost 50 times
    thanks
    Last edited by maxi_gmv; 04/23/2011 at 01:06 AM.
  10.    #30  
    Sorry to pester you all but does anybody know what i should do to be able to update to 2.1.0? (its really annoying being stuck on 1.4.5!)

I was wondering is there any way to reset all the internal files not affected by the doctor like replacing the files with originals from another pre+?

Again, any help at all is really appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkey586 View Post
    Sorry to pester you all but does anybody know what i should do to be able to update to 2.1.0? (its really annoying being stuck on 1.4.5!)
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat with a bricked Pre. I have no idea how it happed as one minute it was fine and the next it doesn't do anything. I've taken the battery out to reset, tried holding the power button down, I even plugged it in but the phone didn't do anything when I plugged it in. Tried usb to my computer, webos repair utility doesn't know its plugged in; tried to webos doctor and phone cant even go into recovery mode. I have no idea what's going on.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    You haven't identified whether you have precisely followed the Recovery page on the WebOS Internals wiki or not ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hey Rod,

I really appreciate your response. I have been following the Recovery page on the wiki page word for word. I'm about to try the last resort recovery as I've attempted all other options over 20 times last night with no avail. I'm thinking I might have a hardware failure of some sort.

If there's any other information you need to futher assist me I'll be happy to oblige.
    If the last resort recovery doesn't work, then it's a hardware failure, as the last resort recovery for the Pre depends only n hardware features of the OMAP and does not require any software on the Pre to be operational.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The craziest thing happened; it "magically" gave me the need charging sign, which was a great relief. I was literally was about to start the last resort recovery when it happened. I think I had a temporary usb connection failure, hence the reason it wouldn't register when plugged into the wall or the computer. (I'm on vacation and left my touchstone and extra battery at home.) Regardless, it seems to be in the same original homebrew state

Once again, thanks for the replies and I'm always keepin up with your work. You're doin a great job!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12