1.    #1  
    ok hey ppl.i have a question about the pre-.i used to have the pixi but sprint gave me the pre .i was surprised..lol..ok
    to the point.
    I overclocked my pre to 1.2 Ghz with sr71 blackbird.nd ever since when I play a game it just freezes nd close the game or shuts it down..any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuspantaleon1993 View Post
    ok hey ppl.i have a question about the pre-.i used to have the pixi but sprint gave me the pre .i was surprised..lol..ok
    to the point.
    I overclocked my pre to 1.2 Ghz with sr71 blackbird.nd ever since when I play a game it just freezes nd close the game or shuts it down..any ideas?
    maybe try a different kernel. I use the f104 and it runs great
    Some Kernels arent completely stable. The most stable is UberKernal. Try that one.
    Wont get past 1ghz with the Uberkernel unless you mod it yourself.

Some games are not going to run well with the higher overclock settings, either cause of heat, voltage issues, or just game is dependent on a certain kernel setting. What the CPU temps and it is going 55c and up, there is your problem. Keep Govnah running while playing the game to see if your CPU is flirting with 60c. Otherwise the next part is ballsy by try increasing the voltage setting in for the state in Govnah for the higher frequencies but this should ONLY be attempted if your VERY comfortable with doing this and understand you can pop the CPU and will void your warranty. Didnt have to touch system voltage to get 1.3ghz in my sprint pre but did have to go to 1488mV for the cpu.

Then there are games that just dont like the custom seetings in the kernel. Taking Angry Birds Seasons for example. I have to use Palm Default to make the game work right, kept having lockups, sound going in and out, or CPU going crazy hot for leaking. But THANKFULLY Angry Birds RIO I can use my custom kernel and run it at 1ghz just fine, not running games at 1.3ghz during the summertimes, it gets HOT in Florida
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    @addairmadar
    how did you get 1.3ghz?
    nd I tried other kernels but it's the same results.
    the game shuts down
    use uberkernel and you will have more stability.