1.    #1  
    Hello all. I had to exchange my Pre again yesterday (number 4 or 5 I believe) and I got home and went to overclock it again. It works fine until the screen goes off. When I punch the power button to bring it back up, the phone locks completely up and I have to yank out the battery to reset it. It only seems to do it when it's overclocked, not on Palm default speeds. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Sounds like the voltage is set to low. Did you change the voltage in the Govnah program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Hello all. I had to exchange my Pre again yesterday (number 4 or 5 I believe) and I got home and went to overclock it again. It works fine until the screen goes off. When I punch the power button to bring it back up, the phone locks completely up and I have to yank out the battery to reset it. It only seems to do it when it's overclocked, not on Palm default speeds. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Need to know your settings in Govnah????
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Which Kernel? How installed? What settings? What model Pre (Sprint Pre, Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Which Kernel? How installed? What settings? What model Pre (Sprint Pre, Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus)?
    +1
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    not all of the phones will overclock the same. You will need to experiment with the settings and voltages and kernels to find one that works for you.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I had the same issue on the wife's Pre (-). Had Uberkernel and set at screenstate for 800 on, 125 off. Also tried 250 off. Only setting that works is 500 off for her processor. I've never changed voltages on either of our phones (both minuses), and mine works fine at 800/125, but as pengc99 mentioned, not all phones overclock (or underclock) the same. Try changing your screenstate, if that's what you're doing, and see if that works.