1.    #1  
    I'm still running 1.45 on my VZW Pre+, mainly because I'm a bit nervous about meta-doctoring to 2.1. One of the things I'm most interested in with 2.1 is Exhibition. Since I don't have it, I decided to use Mode Switcher to create my own exhibition "mode" just by having something launch when I put the phone on the Touchstone. Right now I'm using the app eNews and Weather, which is actually an Exhibition app that works on 1.45. I might try out Aniweather.

Any other ideas for apps that have glanceable information like that, that would simulate what's available for Exhibition in terms of look and feel?
    I'm a big mode switcher fan. And after just playing with the version for webOS 2.1, it is a pretty big improvement in speed. You might just want to upgrade to 2.1 for the new MS.

That said, the upgrade to 2.1 is pretty darn easy. Instructions here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I'm a big mode switcher fan. And after just playing with the version for webOS 2.1, it is a pretty big improvement in speed. You might just want to upgrade to 2.1 for the new MS.

That said, the upgrade to 2.1 is pretty darn easy. Instructions here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    I'm starting the process right now. Waiting for Ubuntu to burn onto a disc. I've backed everything up that I can back up, but I'm still kind of nervous. Looking forward to 2.1 though!
  4.    #4  
    Cripes ... just installing Ubuntu might be more than I can handle.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's not impossible, don't panic. Trying to do a full install on your computer does require a bit of research though.

A quicker way, if you use Windows or Mac, is to try VirtualBox. It's free and you can install Ubuntu onto it and run it (a little slowly) under Windows. You'll need about 8GB of space though.
    Do a search in the app catalog for exhibition for the apps that have this service. Twithibition would be a nice one.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    It's not impossible, don't panic. Trying to do a full install on your computer does require a bit of research though.

A quicker way, if you use Windows or Mac, is to try VirtualBox. It's free and you can install Ubuntu onto it and run it (a little slowly) under Windows. You'll need about 8GB of space though.
    Installing right now, so I'll give it a shot. Honestly, if the rest of the process is as frustrating as trying to get Ubuntu working, I'll be giving up on this process very soon.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post

Holy cow ... this IS quicker. Someone should add the suggestion to the Wiki.
    You should have used wubi to install ubuntu, It runs in dual boot mode you can run either windows or ubuntu. I don't know if that's what you were doing. But it couldn't have been any easier for me. I didn't have to do anything it just installed on it's own just follow the on screen directions which were harly any. Well those r just my 2 cents!! If you have any questions let me know.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    You should have used wubi to install ubuntu, It runs in dual boot mode you can run either windows or ubuntu. I don't know if that's what you were doing. But it couldn't have been any easier for me. I didn't have to do anything it just installed on it's own just follow the on screen directions which were harly any. Well those r just my 2 cents!! If you have any questions let me know.
    I tried that first. It gave me all kinds of trouble that didn't happen using it in a VirtualBox. I'm trying to finish up this morning.
    Hey I am also trying to use Mode Switcher for a mock exhibition mode..

...and currently I am trying to run the slideshow program 'slipslide' when I place it on the touchstone. Well the program opens, but it doesn't actually run the slideshow...it just opens to the preferences page that normally opens when you run the program.

My question is, is there a way to set a parameter in MS to actually run the slideshow...or is there another slideshow program that you know of that will start normally?

EDIT: Nevermind..."Slideshow" works perfectly!...AND it allows you to create a config file that lets you exclude certain folders. Awesome!
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 04/20/2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Hey I am also trying to use Mode Switcher for a mock exhibition mode..

...and currently I am trying to run the slideshow program 'slipslide' when I place it on the touchstone. Well the program opens, but it doesn't actually run the slideshow...it just opens to the preferences page that normally opens when you run the program.

My question is, is there a way to set a parameter in MS to actually run the slideshow...or is there another slideshow program that you know of that will start normally?

EDIT: Nevermind..."Slideshow" works perfectly!...AND it allows you to create a config file that lets you exclude certain folders. Awesome!
    I ended up just meta-doctoring to 2.1, but if you want to create your own "exhibition" mode, I suggest grabbing "eWeather and News". It's actually an Exhibition app, but it runs normally as well. "Rainy" is another good weather Exhibition app that will run normally.
    are you happy you meta doctored to 2.1? I also have been on the fence though in general I am the adventurous type. I am mostly worried about messing up my Palm Profile especially since my Touchpad is also on the same profile. Also being on AT&T it seems I would not be able to install 2.x apps from the app catalog if I am reading the notes on the WIKI correctly. Sooner or later I will probably take the plunge though.

I would like to play with the exhibition mode on the Pre+ though, but I am trying mode switcher for now. Thanks for the tips!