Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am using Google calendar for work and have many color designations for different events/calendars. I have assigned similar colors to the events/calendars in my Palm Pre Plus. However, the colors I assign in my Pre change by themselves within few days after I assign them. Does anyone know what the problem is and is there a cure for it? Thanks!
    While we're on the subject (sorry no answer for you), why is it that when you're in the month view, there aren't any colors? I can see grey shaded bars, but only see the colors in week view.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    avramski,
    I haven't experienced your issue.

sledge007,
    that's HP-Palms design, flawed I agree.
    You can have this functionality though if you use Ubercalendar. You will have to tag your events with a category, and then create colored 12x12 boxes to your preferred colors. I have a screen capture somewhere I'll post once I find it.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/16/2011 at 07:01 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm not much of an agenda/daytimer/calender user to begin with, so it's not a huge deal, but I always wondered why it is the way it is. I think I was getting some IPKG LOG error the last time I tried installing it, (refer to above as to why I never bothered reporting it )

Maybe I'll try it again sometime this weekend.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Here's the screen capture

If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Just so you don't feel alone, OP, this happens to me too. It is frustrating, as I manage 10+ calendars for my business.

I have never heard of Ubercalendar before. I am going to look into it to see if it will solve this problem as well, so thank you to the other posters!
    Another user baffled by the color changes and impressed by UberCalendar, here.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have had this problem and I have had calendars just disappear. This usually happens with secondary Google calendars. I have also had events forget what calendar they belong to, they show up as "Undefined". I just remove and add the calendar again.
    SON OF A BISCUIT -- ME TOO!!! I'm an Ubercalendar user, and wondered if there might be some connection there, but doesn't sound like it. (Ubercalendar is awesome, BTW.)

My symptoms: I have ~5 calendars in one Google account. I had one of them set NOT to show on my Pre, and every few days it'll just start showing. Also, calendar colors set on Pre for these calendars will randomly change. I finally decided I didn't need the one calendar I have set not to show, so I deleted it in Google. But I still get calendar color changes.

I'm on a Sprint Pre-.

Regards,
    Tom
  10.    #10  
    I had the Ubercalendar calender installed last year, but removed it because I though it was too clattered. Now, when I try to install it again, I get an IPKG error. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by avramski View Post
    I had the Ubercalendar calender installed last year, but removed it because I though it was too clattered. Now, when I try to install it again, I get an IPKG error. Any suggestions?
    Try posting in ubercalendar thread, the owner is metaview.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Me too. I use Ubercalendar as well. I uninstalled ubercalendar and the problem stopped. When I reinstalled the lastest version the problem started again. Also the google calendars that changed colors had there notifications reset to; no reminder.

However I solved the problem, at least for myself. The culprit was my ipad. I have gmail set on my ipad as an exchange account so my calendars and contacts would sync. I went back into settings on the ipad and removed the calendar sync and all has been well for two weeks now.

Hope this helps.
    Ohh me too since several weeks (Pre- 1.4.5) . I also thought it was Ubercalendar, for me it mostly changes the google-calendar colors not my PalmProfile or other local accounts.
    Sometimes my Calendar starts with the account-settings page instead of going straight into week/day-view. Perhaps this is the moment when the colors are changed.

I have to admit i use SchedMyPhone (cron-like) to start my calendar in the morning at 7 and sometime the account-setting page appears at that time.

But after seeing this thread, it also happens to non ubercalendar users. But sadly changing to 2.1 even brings more calendar issues
    I have the reverse problem, on my google calendar each event is color coded, however I only get one color for all google appointments, would be nice if pre syn the color too from google appointments.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Same problem here: calender events randomly change colors. I usually have to remove the account and then re-add it back. Fixes the problem, but doesn't solve the underlying issue.

Launch day Pre minus, 2.1, OC'd 1g/5m.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I have the reverse problem, on my google calendar each event is color coded, however I only get one color for all google appointments, would be nice if pre syn the color too from google appointments.
    I have this problem too, regardless of the settings in the Calendar View Options, the colors don't change on the calendar. This has been ever since I upgraded my Pre- to webOS 2.1.
    Seen similar behavior here as well on a PrePlus GSM running 2.1.. recently calendars I have switched not to display turn themselves back on randomly..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Colors changing randomly... Calendars disappearing... Need a solution. ...please.
  19.    #19  
    It looks like this is a wide spread problem for people who use google calendar with secondary calendars. Now,it looks like it is a problem for webOS 2.x users too. It might be the way google feeds the information to the device when it syncs, because we don't see people who are using yahoo or hotmail calendars reporting the same problem. Nevertheless, there must be a fix for this but no one is listening.
    tweet @richardkerris and @adora and ask them where the bugs should be reported. i don't have these bugs personally, but i have seen it on other phones within my immediate circle of friends and family. i'm working with them to try and figure out what's going on as well.

these forums are good for us helping each other, but we do need to get these bug reports to the right people so that it gets fixed. so, don't be shy about reaching out to the webOS team by whichever mean you know how to get the details to them. this won't get fixed unless those of us who have the problem or have seen the problem start getting the info out. good luck all
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast