Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I just got a new phone and really would like to remove my contacts to my PC for safe keeping (as well as transfer over to the new phone of course).

    I tried this:

    "From the on-screen dialpad, type ##66623# and choose the Export option."

    But for some reason it wouldn't let me get to the next step on the guide (the step that enables me to save them).

    So if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. And I'm sure that there are already threads on this topic, but I'm pressed for time and didn't search (tbh). So if such already exists, please delete this or direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Assuming you have Preware on your phone or use WebOS Quick Install, and are webOS 1.4.5, you can use this:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.5-1_all.ipk
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Assuming you have Preware on your phone or use WebOS Quick Install, and are webOS 1.4.5, you can use this:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.5-1_all.ipk
    +1
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    I just got a new phone and really would like to remove my contacts to my PC for safe keeping (as well as transfer over to the new phone of course).

    I tried this:

    "From the on-screen dialpad, type ##66623# and choose the Export option."

    But for some reason it wouldn't let me get to the next step on the guide (the step that enables me to save them).

    So if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. And I'm sure that there are already threads on this topic, but I'm pressed for time and didn't search (tbh). So if such already exists, please delete this or direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks!
    What did it say after you dialed the number. It should save a file to your USB drive.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    I just got a new phone and really would like to remove my contacts to my PC for safe keeping (as well as transfer over to the new phone of course).

    I tried this:

    "From the on-screen dialpad, type ##66623# and choose the Export option."

    But for some reason it wouldn't let me get to the next step on the guide (the step that enables me to save them).

    So if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. And I'm sure that there are already threads on this topic, but I'm pressed for time and didn't search (tbh). So if such already exists, please delete this or direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks!
    See these tips:
    Export all your contacts | PreCentral.net
    http://www.precentral.net/export-all...brew-solutions

    If you are on a GSM phone, you would have had to dial #*66623# and press the green Call Button, not ##....
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Thank you to all of you. But how would I open this file on a Blackberry Storm, is it possible? I assume I can just go to my E-Mail account via my Blackberry and open it? But that seems too easy, lol.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    Thank you to all of you. But how would I open this file on a Blackberry Storm, is it possible? I assume I can just go to my E-Mail account via my Blackberry and open it? But that seems too easy, lol.
    Its as easy as that on the Pre. So try it and see what happens. I've never used a Blackberry so I dont know.

Posting Permissions