View Poll Results: What hardware did you use to upgrade and are you happy?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I upgraded my Pre- to 2.x and I'm happy

26 38.24%
  • I upgraded my Pre- to 2.x but I went back to 1.4.5

6 8.82%
  • I upgraded my Pre+ to 2.x and I'm happy

22 32.35%
  • I upgraded my Pre+ to 2.x and I went back to 1.4.5

1 1.47%
  • None of the above / I like voting in polls

13 19.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    You might want to look here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...00#post2937700

I don't think you are alone with camera issues.
    Thanks for that. Yeah, I had read that thread, and I am running f104a. Was having massive slowdowns with other kernels and a functional phone trumps a functional camera, especially when there's a work around. But still. :/
    Upgraded my pre plus to 2.1 and I am very happy with it. So much better and more smooth than 1.4.5. Right now, I dont even have it overclocked and I dont really feel the need to. Thats how I know its better.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Was having massive slowdowns with other kernels
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. F102B, for example, made things much slower than stock 2.1 kernel. I switched to UberKernel. It's faster and I'm not getting the camera problem that some are seeing on the other fixed configuration kernels.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Upgraded my pre plus to 2.1 and I am very happy with it. So much better and more smooth than 1.4.5.
    Really? That's not been my experience. There are some things that move faster, launcher pages for example, but a lot of things that seem slower to me. Actually launching an app, for example. Govnah in 1.4.5 when overclocked to 1GHz just snapped off the launcher and started running. In 2.1 when overclocked to 1GHz, it takes a few seconds of blinking icon before the app renders it's first scene.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 04/15/2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  4.    #24  
    After 2 days of pretty intensive tinkering & testing, I finally get to vote in my own poll! 1.4.5... what's that?
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12