1.    #1  
    Anybody know of anything going on to get an Exhibition-type-app for 1.4.5? I reverted back to that today, and Exhibition is really the only thing I'll miss...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Curious, what made you revert back to 1.4.5? I've been torturing myself over whether or not to jump to 2.xx. Exhibition is one of the things about it that I'm very attracted to. My issue though is that I think I will miss my current 1.4.5 set-up.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrugtestdude View Post
    Curious, what made you revert back to 1.4.5? I've been torturing myself over whether or not to jump to 2.xx. Exhibition is one of the things about it that I'm very attracted to. My issue though is that I think I will miss my current 1.4.5 set-up.
    Honestly I hated switching back...but for me it was all about the lag. I know alot of ppl say they don't get lag....and truly, at first I didn't. There must be an issue that hasn't been discovered yet...I read about a possible memory leak or something...So maybe there will be a fix in the future. But anyway it was just often enough to be annoying. Games lagged, messaging lagged, launcher lagged.. I tried all of the kernels and adjusted my compcache and everything else I could do...to no avail.

I really do like Exhibition...as simple as it is, it was nice to have on my desk at work...and the OS is a little sharper, cleaner, and smoother...which is saying alot because webos is all of those things in general. But it just wasn't worth the lag....

On the downside I forgot to copy my save/restore file...and deleted my history in Angry Birds! That's the worst part in all of this..lol
    Curious: What Hardware do you have? Pre2/Pre+/Pre-?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Curious: What Hardware do you have? Pre2/Pre+/Pre-?
    Sprint, Pre-
    Ok. Well now I'm a little bit more encouraged. I was contemplating this upgrade, but hesitated after reading this thread. But now I'm back to thinking of doing it.

I've gone to a Sprint Pre+ and the performance difference between the Pre- & the Pre+ is pretty significant. Doubling the RAM often makes a very large difference in performance of any computer. And it's pretty much killed the intermittant lag that I used to experience w/my Pre-. I wonder if RAM will be sufficient to handle the lag.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Ok. Well now I'm a little bit more encouraged. I was contemplating this upgrade, but hesitated after reading this thread. But now I'm back to thinking of doing it.

I've gone to a Sprint Pre+ and the performance difference between the Pre- & the Pre+ is pretty significant. Doubling the RAM often makes a very large difference in performance of any computer. And it's pretty much killed the intermittant lag that I used to experience w/my Pre-. I wonder if RAM will be sufficient to handle the lag.
    Yea, I can say that my IT guy at work has a Pre+..and I upgraded his and it seems to work alot better..
  8.    #8  
    Oh...and duh...I found a couple of slideshows that can run on touchstone...so other than exhibition starting by itself and running things other than images, I guess my OP was a stupid question..lol
    Pre+ are kinda cheap, you guys should upgrade. The conversion is very very much worth the time and money.