Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I sent a text from my Verizon Pre Plus to a friend that lives 30 miles away. I kept getting the yellow triangle and the error said Message failed to send Network failure code 66 (or close to that, apparently I deleted the failed message). I retried it a few times with the same error. I shut down my phone then immediately received a message back from my friend asking if I had sent the message. She received it but on her AT&T Blackberry it said it was from a different number (2 different numbers actually, and she received it about twice as many times as I tried to resend it). I googled the numbers and both were from out of state, one being identified on a private investigator's website!

It's happened once before between her and I, but that time she sent a text to me and when I eventually got it, it was a partial text and said it was from my husband's phone! A friend of mine in my area had something similar happen last week too.

Are things just getting scrambled or should I be concerned that someone is meddling with my texts?

I live about 5 miles from the nearest tower in the rural mountains and have a Verizon range extender that runs through my slow DSL line so that we can use our cell phones here in the house. My phone rarely leaves my side, so it's unlikely that anyone has had their hands on it.
    Sounds like an isolated problem with the network in the area, almost said provisioning untill you said more then one # can show on their end. Since you do have one of those mini tower boxes, maybe it needs an update. Could try to power cycle it and see what happens. Otherwise, contact Verizon to get this straightened out.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for your quick reply. I will restart my range extender!

I had forgotten to mention that I also did *228 and *73 on my phone, just to try some things. Updating the range extender can only help!