1.    #1  
    I've followed the instructions on the webos internals wiki, but when I run the doctor it says my Pre2 is the wrong device. I have already installed the activated sprint com card in the phone. I downloaded and installed everything it said too. I'm running meta-doctor on ubuntu. I would like any help. I'll give you any info you need to know. Thank you.
  2.    #2  
    I got it working on 2.0.1. I can't change it to 2.1.
    have you tried running the System updates utility? I believe you can do OAT updates once you have the data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
    I got it working on 2.0.1. I can't change it to 2.1.
    After doctoring to 2.0.1, you should be able to use the stock 2.1 doctor (unlocked version) no meta-doctoring required. http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...03ueuna-wr.jar
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  5.    #5  
    How exactly would I do this? I'm not that fluent with ubuntu. Thanks for your help.
    Oh wait, you haven't created a meta-doctor that works yet? Are you following the steps on the webos internals page?
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I've been following those "steps".
    Here is a very good youtube video that should help you out
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  9.    #9  
    No luck. I get to the step of running the doctor "./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0" and it gets to about 8% and says "Your device is not compatible with this version of webos do..."
    I believe the name of the doctor you should be running is webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1

it should be located in the folder meta-doctor/build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.1.0/ (or something similar)
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  11.    #11  
    No good. I've tried almost every script. Only the "test-meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.0.1" works.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    you should post all the steps you are doing in detail....you will get more help..
    Wich Pre2 did you get?

Was it the Verizon Pre2 or GSM Pre2 you got? If you got the Verizon Pre2, the best you would get is 2.0.1, Verizon 2.1.0 doctor doesn't exist so no meta doctor script is avail for that. Due note that even though at the end the phone will be on Sprint BUT the rest of the phone will be still based on whatever it was designed for initially and using the corresponding doctor. Most use the GSM Pre2 so in that respect the system and future doctor uses are going to be assuming you have a GSM Pre2 that just happens to be on Sprint.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/12/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Wich Pre2 did you get?

Was it the Verizon Pre2 or GSM Pre2 you got? If you got the Verizon Pre2, the best you would get is 2.0.1, Verizon 2.1.0 doctor doesn't exist so no meta doctor script is avail for that. Due note that even though at the end the phone will be on Sprint BUT the rest of the phone will be still based on whatever it was designed for initially and using the corresponding doctor. Most use the GSM Pre2 so in that respect the system and future doctor uses are going to be assuming you have a GSM Pre2 that just happens to be on Sprint.
    Yeah it's a Verizon Pre2. I had to switch and I love the thing so I didn't want to give it up. Thanks, I didn't know there isn't a doctor yet. Is there a way for me to get the sprint software on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
    Yeah it's a Verizon Pre2. I had to switch and I love the thing so I didn't want to give it up. Thanks, I didn't know there isn't a doctor yet. Is there a way for me to get the sprint software on it?
    Long story short, there are no Sprint webOS 2 avail so the software like Sprint Navigation, Music, Tv, nascar, are not avail, legitimately . If you want the Amazom MP3 app, that can be extracted from the Verizon 2.0.1 doctor and installed into your phone through terminal which is legit.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    if you get to 8% each time, it means your usb partition is corrupted. There is a workaround for this. I can't link right now at work on my pre but search for "how to recover" also search for "memboot". When i was reading those Wiki pages, I read about the 8% freeze problem.
    if you get 8% a few times in a row keep trying several more times .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Here's your boy, Rod Whitby, telling you you have a corrupted USB drive.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals