1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I decided to create this thread for the issue that Bell customer currently have with the App Catalog on webOS 1.4.5

I am aware that other thread have been created for this but my goal here is to provide accurate information to the Palm community.

Issue:
    • Unable to download/update apps from the App Catalog while on the Bell Network

Workaround:
    • Use WI/FI.

What to do to get this fixed:
    • Chat with the Palm Pre Support - or call them. The more users that contact them, the faster this issue will get resolved.

I already contacted both Bell support and Palm support and the issue is NOT with your phone. Do not attempt to fix this issue yourself, you will just spin your wheels for nothing. The issue has been escalated to Palm engineers.

Please post in this thread if you have updates or new informations about this issue.
    Last edited by Kaallis; 04/12/2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Specified that the issue is for webOS 1.4.5
    I'm with Bell and haven't had/seen/heard about the issue. I just bought an app yesterday....sorry I'm not much help
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm with Bell and haven't had/seen/heard about the issue. I just bought an app yesterday....sorry I'm not much help
    Do you have a Palm Pre and not connected WI/FI?
    Yes I have a Palm Pre (-) on webOS 2.1.0 with Starfighter F104A kernel installed at Screenstate 1.1GHz/500MHz. I rarely use wifi as Bell's data recording capability is a complete joke. My phone says I use well over 1.5 GB and then when I text to BellMo tcare(82273) it says I'm around 200MB, mind you I don't stream a whole lot (video or audio), mostly emails, webbrowsing etc.

In answer to your question though....I purchased my app with the EVDO connection.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Ok I see, it's because you are on webOS 2.1.0.

The issue is with webOS 1.4.5. webOS 2.1.0 is unavailble for my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaallis View Post
    Ok I see, it's because you are on webOS 2.1.0.

The issue is with webOS 1.4.5. webOS 2.1.0 is unavailble for my phone
    are you sure about that? :WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals.

Or webos world will up it to 2.1 for a minimal fee: Device Services | WebOS World
  7.    #7  
    NICE, I was unaware that I had the possibility of updating to 2.x
    I will read the wiki twice and attempt it! But it doesn't change the issue of webOS 1.4.5 :P
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I will call Bell as I have the exact issue - no app cat downloads via cell data - running a 1.4.5 Pre-
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    1:12 PM Connecting...
    1:12 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    1:12 PM Support session established with Gregg.

1:12 PM Gregg:
    Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.

1:13 PM Gregg:
    I understand that using your Ev connection, you are unable to download apps from App Catalog. Am I right?

1:13 PM Vij:
    yes that is correct
    Many others have been reporting this over the last few days as well.

1:15 PM Gregg:
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Our team are currently investigating this issue since there are no issue when you use wifi. We already coordinated with Bell and they are working to fix the connection problem to all Bell customers using Palm phone.

1:16 PM Vij:
    ok thanks for the confirmation
    any outlook?

1:16 PM Gregg:
    This is a prevailing issue and you may use the wifi as for the moment.

1:17 PM Gregg:
    With regards to the update on this issue, we are not yet advise as to when will Bell can provide us the progress but we are making sure that this will work as soon as possible.
  10. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    It is working now
  11.    #11  
    Tested - Worked - HOORAY! now just need to update to webOS 2.x
    I called Bell the other day too and was assured that others had already reported it. Discovered today that all was back to normal!
    I don't think its been resolved yet, I just tried right now and still not able too go to app catalog using the WI-FI and its been going on for a couple of days now.
    I'm using 2.1.0 by the way
    It's working for me now...on 1.4.5.
    It started working for me yesterday. First they broke web browsing in the morning, then later on web browsing and catalog downloads both worked.

And it's still working right now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

All users should now be working fine in regards to this issue. We have closed this out yesterday around 4 EST.

If users are still experiencing issues downloading applications over WAN please report back in this thread.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Just came from Bell store at the mall and explain him whats going on and he said they never knew about that issue and Bell didnt send any memo to them.
    OK, Same issue as others still there for me at the moment. Bell Mobility, WebOS 1.4.5, phone never modified from factory. I don't have wifi. I can and always could browse the web catalogue but no downloading or updating.

Just noticed that if I click on retry (click on the downloading/error bar to have this menu show up), I can update/download successfully using EV every time. I have to do the apps one by one this way (fail then retry) until the issue is fixed.

Edit: I'll try every day and report here once this issue if fixed for me too.
    Last edited by dennilfloss; 04/14/2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
    OK, Same issue as others still there for me at the moment. Bell Mobility, WebOS 1.4.5, phone never modified from factory. I don't have wifi. I can and always could browse the web catalogue but no downloading or updating.

Just noticed that if I click on retry (click on the downloading/error bar to have this menu show up), I can update/download successfully using EV every time. I have to do the apps one by one this way (fail then retry) until the issue is fixed.

guess there must be a problem with the 2.0 version?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post

Are you still having prolem with your device??
    I have been trying to access the app catalog and I'm still experiencing problem with it.