1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I've got a Palm Pre, the old one, WebOS 1.4.5 I suppose. I've bought me a Nokia BH 505 bluetooth headset that is supposed to be compatible with the Palm Pre. But I can't hear any sound from my mp3s. The phone works fine, micro and speakers are working. I've paired the phone twice, but no chance. I thought maybe the music players are to blame but from what I read in the Internet, Music (Remix) or the standard music player should work. Has anyone got an idea?
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Can you make phone calls with the phone normally (with no headphones or bt headset)? Does music play through the rear speaker when you are not paired with your bt headset?

I know when I get the headphone jack issue (the headphone jack gets dirty and you plug in headphones then remove them the phone thinks they are still plugged in so all sounds but speaker phone are routed to the headphones).

Also check your silent/ringer switch. I have a patch on mine (really silent ringer switch patch I think it's called) and if I have it muted my music will not play to my bt headset. I have to turn it back on to get sound.
  3.    #3  
    , thank you, it was the headphone jack issue! Sounds real good now!
  4. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    That's good news.

I rarely use my headphone jack anymore because of that issue.

I'd stick with the bt headhphones in the future if I were you.
    It gets to be a real pain to unstick at times.

Hopefully the pre3 doesn't have the same issue.