1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I bought a new sim free PPP from O2 Germany about 8 months ago and it has 1.4.5 installed. I live in Israel and I use it with my local carrier .
    I managed to create a user profile on it and all is good BUT -
    I have been reading for some time and still haven't find an answer to several questions:

1.I can't seem to get the OTA official update to 2.1.0
    2.I have read the WIKI about doctoring to 2.1.0 my O2 device but it has 2 seperate roms (?) links?
    3.If I will upgrade, will I loose my profile / sim free / palm store?

Sorry for all the questions , I did tried to read and understand- with no conclusive answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ymalool View Post
    Hi All,

I bought a new sim free PPP from O2 Germany about 8 months ago and it has 1.4.5 installed. I live in Israel and I use it with my local carrier .
    I managed to create a user profile on it and all is good BUT -
    I have been reading for some time and still haven't find an answer to several questions:

1.I can't seem to get the OTA official update to 2.1.0
    2.I have read the WIKI about doctoring to 2.1.0 my O2 device but it has 2 seperate roms (?) links?
    3.If I will upgrade, will I loose my profile / sim free / palm store?

Sorry for all the questions , I did tried to read and understand- with no conclusive answer.
    There is no official OTA update for O2 Germany Pre +. But if I am not mistaken, there is a webOS doctor for 2.1.0 available for O2 Germany Pre + from the official website.

Here are the download links from WebOS Internals - Webos Doctor Versions
    O2 Germany, UK and Ireland / Movistar Spain
    Pre Plus
    German version 2.1.0 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...01ueude-wr.jar
    English version 2.1.0 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...p101ueu-wr.jar
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/12/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    1. Going to 2.1.0 from 1.4.5 does not work via OTA, you have to doctor I'm afraid
    2. This is the right one. You don't need the Meta-doctor, you can use this one directly! Everything except the USB drive will be deleted! Make sure you back up everything you need!
    3. No, you will have to log in to your Palm Profile and it will redownload your installed Apps (from the Catalog). It will still be unlocked to use whichever SIM you like.

€dith: I did not know there were two doctors. webosdoctorp101ueude-wr and webosdoctorp101ueu-wr. Was the last one released by SFR? I know that with the first one I could choose the language as well.