1.    #1  
    Seems throughout this last week my Pres wifi has been slowly getting weaker and weaker. The only reason I say this is now in my house, where I would get 3 bars before, my phone is going from wifi to evdo with only the bottom dot of the wifi icon lit up.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm a launch day pre owner but I've had a few replacements since. Last replacement was summer last year.
    Could be radio interference by something either you recently bought or maybe one of your neighbors.

I had to discontinue using a pair of wireless headphones because it was interfering with my WiFi, operated on the same frequency.

If you know how, maybe try changing the channel your router is using: 1, 7 or 11 are good numbers to try.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/12/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    interesting. I've noticed the same thing at home and the office. I thought I had dropped my Bell 1.4.5 Pre- one time too many.
    Mine has been iffy for a while now. Signal strength goes up and down with no changes in holding the phone. Even worse, fairly often, it will disconnect, wait, reconnect, disconnect, wait, reconnect, etc for about 30 minutes. When I notice, it usually gets rebooted.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    Mine has been iffy for a while now. Signal strength goes up and down with no changes in holding the phone. Even worse, fairly often, it will disconnect, wait, reconnect, disconnect, wait, reconnect, etc for about 30 minutes. When I notice, it usually gets rebooted.
    This is exactly what I'm experiencing. Hmmm must be a hardware problem then :/. Damn sprint hurry up and give us a WebOS upgrade!!!