Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Don't know if this is happening to anyone else but the last three times I've checked my Backup the date noted below the line of "Last backup" has NOT been that day or the day prior, more like...the last time I backed it MANUALLY myself.

For example (and I wish I had a screen shot of one that was more outdated!), I manually backed things up at 6:15 PM, on 4/10/11. The attachment is from today (4/11/11) at 7:23 PM. Kind of ironic that my data is not being backed up automatically every day!

Anyone else having problems with their Backup not working?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Dude, ever think to search?
    In 1.4.5 the webOS backup utility never backed up, unless i told it to. I didn't care that much since it didnt' back up a whole lot. In 2.1 backup works fine whenever i have internet.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Some caveats....I have done nothing with my phone, no doctoring, etc i.e. an off the shelf Pre -.

@Dave..."Dude", I searched for "Backup" and "back-up", nothing recent/earth shattering comes up. Show me a thread with the most recent news on Backup and I will eat crow.

@NickVTPre..I searched in the "on phone Help" and a "Chat with Palm" button showed up, I clicked it and soon was chatting with a Palm rep on my Pre. She was pretty adamant that the phone SHOULD update automatically.
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Backup for 1.4.5 devices is totally FUBAR'ed. Just checked, after fixing it once before, and now I notice it hasn't backed up since February. The only apparently effective method of fixing it is go diving through the Palm database to flip a setting; an extremely annoying process. See the post on it here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2836031

I'm actually quite surprised that HP is bothering to keep the backup servers running for us on "legacy devices." I don't even care. I'm not putting any more effort into this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    For those of you that are interested, click on this link below, then copy and save the address. It seems to work a little better for me than Pre|Central's Search:

Google Advanced Search
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel