Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Hmmm very good question, I was afraid of that. Can somebody chime in on this one who might know more? Maybe a custom MetaDoctor can be built for the OP to run on the phone to reset the OS but leave the data untouched?
    Is there anybody that can do this for me? If you think you can help me with this then PM me a price.

Other than that...to summarize, there is no way to unlock a pin if the phone was not already in dev mode. Am I correct?
    you can try and make a custom meta doctor with devmode enabled.. ... however i think doing that would throw any evidence you retrieve out the window.. the best advice i would say is have the detective contact Palm/HP
    Does anyone know if a custom meta-doctor can even be made that will not overwrite the user databases when it runs? If not then it's back to guessing pin codes for now.
    Guys, guys... after working for 2 days with meta doctor to try to retrieve 2.1 from a Pixi (hehehe), there are several things that OP could try

1. You can make a full backup of the device, and then work on that to look for information.
    2. You can enable developer mode on the device, install preware, install the patch (or maybe use webos quick install to install the patch), do bypass pin

If we're talking about forensics and not touching the data on the phone, the 1st option is the way to go AS IT WILL NOT MODIFY THE FILESYSTEM AT ALL unlike option 2.... And, as the forensics pdf says (great doc btw), you could grab the database files from the backup and place them in another device for previewing
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/15/2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Removed extra info
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I do think, that at this point, it's probably best to send a private message the OP. IMHO, I think that too much info, especially if someone further simplifies the above instructions, it's giving too much info to those that have stolen a PIN-locked phone.

But, that's just my opinion given the initial reaction to the request for information.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    it's giving too much info to those that have stolen a PIN-locked phone.

But, that's just my opinion given the initial reaction to the request for information.
    You may be right, edited info, sent via PM

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/15/2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12