Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I went to the sprint store today to look at Virgin Mobile phones because I need a non-contract phone. I had my Palm Pre in my hands as I walked into the store. My conversation with the rep after the usual how many I help you today:

Me: Do you sell Virgin mobile phones in here
    Rep: Yea, right this way... I'm sorry to see you leave Sprint though. Don't let your experience with your current device scare you off. We've got lots of great devices.
    Me: O no, I just need to get a secondary phone...
    Rep: Ah ok, I saw your Pre and thought for sure you wanted to leave Sprint because of it.

Ouch! I do love my Pre even though I will likely be changing phones once I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Anyway, I just found it interesting...
    Thanks for sharing. To be honest, I'm not that interested in one random sprint rep's comments.
    I am interested, however, in hearing any news if Sprint will carry HP phones and if so, which ones and when. If you hear any news like that, would be very interested.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudgez View Post
    I went to the sprint store today to look at Virgin Mobile phones because I need a non-contract phone. I had my Palm Pre in my hands as I walked into the store. My conversation with the rep after the usual how many I help you today:

Me: Do you sell Virgin mobile phones in here
    Rep: Yea, right this way... I'm sorry to see you leave Sprint though. Don't let your experience with your current device scare you off. We've got lots of great devices.
    Me: O no, I just need to get a secondary phone...
    Rep: Ah ok, I saw your Pre and thought for sure you wanted to leave Sprint because of it.

Ouch! I do love my Pre even though I will likely be changing phones once I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Anyway, I just found it interesting...
    LOL ... When I went to replaced my wife's Pre for the 9th time, both of the reps that i was working with said that that phone was crap! ... HP should of gotten a new name for the phone, because is going to take a lot to change those reps mind
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    LOL ... When I went to replaced my wife's Pre for the 9th time, both of the reps that i was working with said that that phone was crap! ... HP should of gotten a new name for the phone, because is going to take a lot to change those reps mind
    Funny when I had to get my new phone the rep told me he loves the OS but hated the fact that the phone breaks easly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    This makes me want to walk into a Sprint store, Pre 2 in hand, and ask to look at phones. If they say the phone is cr*p, I'll just say jokes on you buddy, this is a Pre 2 running on Sprint, you could have had it too, but your boss didn't want it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Similar thing happened to my wife when she went with her mom to Verizon. My wife had her Sprint Pre- and asked the Verizon rep if and when they were getting new Palm phones. The rep jumped in quickly saying Palm doesn't exist anymore and that HP had taken over, but they were not getting anything new from them.

He was harping on Palm pretty bad anyways and trying to get them to buy Android. I guess this happens across the board? Sorli...
    They get paid hourly + commission probably, and I would imagine it's easier to sell an Android phone than a Palm phone. Especially since the first Pre was sent to the gallows, and we're all waiting on some new new.

I did, however, just convert a DroidX user today. My friend gets a Verizon upgrade in July, and he was thinking about another Droid phone when I let him mess around on my Pre. He's now upgrading to a Pre 2 (unless the Pre 3 is available).

Lack of 4G for the Pre is terrible though. I can't remember if this is confirmed or not, so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong. But that was his biggest (read: only) complaint about the Pre 3. Why get it if it doesn't support LTE on VZW? Or whatever Sprint is going to be using for 4G.

+1 for webOS.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Yeah, I went in to look at the HTC Arrive (winmo 7) phone a bit ago, and when I mentioned my Pre the rep started going on about how terrible the build quality of the Pre was, and another customer (middle-aged woman) talked about how she'd loved her Treos and was so excited for the Pre, but finally ditched it after 5 or 6 replacements. The rep did admit he really liked the software (and was looking forward to seeing what adding HP to the equation would bring)-- the Palm hardware was just lousy from a build-quality standpoint.

I had my launch day Pre with me, with only the most minor of hardware problems (power button was tough to depress). Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones, that and/or I just don't use / abuse my phones as much as the average person.

It made me wonder if perhaps Sprint felt a little burned with what a mess the Pre's hardware was and that perhaps was why they didn't carry the Pre 2. I guess we'll see if they decide to carry anything with the HP logo on it.