Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    So, in preparation for installing 2.1 on my Sprint Pre minus, I've followed the wiki and have turned off backups in the backup app.

It's been churning away for more than an hour now-- is that typical for turning off backups / wiping your profile data? Just wondering if this is typical (it is a June 2009 Sprint Pre, so it's an old profile / may have a lot of data). Thanks--
    I don't remember it taking very long when I turned mine off, but that was over a month ago, but I'd venture a guess that no, it's not normal.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I suppose it's possible that one databases have been corrupted or something. I did attempt to use "Pre Backup Utility" yesterday and it churned away for several hours, even on the charger the battery was slowly draining till I finally just pulled the plug on it. So that could be a factor. (wasn't till afterwards that I saw some word of caution about using that app and the suggestion to use Save/Restore instead, which I did last night successfully.)

Guess I'll let it go for a while and see what happens...
    Honestly, if it's been going for an hour now....it's probably done, and just stuck in a loop. I've removed apps with Preware where it's done that and I've just simply closed Preware, rebooted the phone and they were gone. Up to you, but I'd kill the process and move on.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I just noticed that the last successful backup was on March 31... which was the day I flew out to California for a week. Where I stayed I had no data for 4-5 days, though I've been back in my normal area since Monday afternoon and it still hasn't done a back up. Trying to manually force one right now... seems somethings not working in general with backups since I was without data service for a few days :S

Thanks for your advice. Might just wipe the device and see what happens.