Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I recently dropped webos since things just wasn't happening for the platform. I switched to Android and love the fact that every single app I want is available but I prefer the way webos multitask.

Anyone know if the original Pre will get an Office suite?
    No word on when QuickOffice with editing will come out. There is an option available now, but you have to pay for it.

Either way, expect to pay for serious document editing.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    No word on when QuickOffice with editing will come out. There is an option available now, but you have to pay for it.

Either way, expect to pay for serious document editing.
    What option is that and I kind of doubt that quickoffice will make it to the Sprint Pre. Wow I cannot believe it has been almost 2 years since the Sprint Pre came out. Webos really dug itself in a grave by not having any devices.
    Having ten devices probably wouldn't have been better for the platform; Android only really started taking off when handset manufacturers started throwing money at marketing.

As for document editing, I too don't expect Quickoffice to ever land on webOS 1.X... But seriously, who really cares? Yes, we all still have 1.X hardware, but the near future will change that, and then I suppose calling for companies to keep writing stuff for webOS 1.X is like asking them to optimize stuff for the iPhone 3G, or HTC G1. It's old hardware running old software.

WebOS should be looking to the future... And QuickOffice editing has been announced for this summer. Of course Palm also announced DocsToGo editing when webOS was first released, but they couldn't do much when DTG just abandoned them and was bought by RIMM. I'm pretty optimistic we'll see doc editing on new webOS hardware pretty soon, but yeah, it won't be free. Probably won't even be cheap.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I don't think any form of marketing could have helped webos. It was obviously launched before being ready then took forever to be updated. Two years to be exact.The OS was super slow at launch and had about one or two apps plus lacked basic features. I don't think it was documents to go fault but palm. The 1.4 catalog does not support certain app types. Just pdk and those web apps or whatever you call them. If webs had better app support and more appealing hardware it would have done much better.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The simple answer is: "never." They've been promising it for a good 2 years now, and we still don't have it. I've given up on doing anything except playing the original Angry Birds (with lag, of course).
    WebOs 3.0 maybe

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums