1.    #1  
    After using my headphones for the first time I now have nothing coming out of my back speaker at all????? Any help please!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like the headphone sticking issue, there are like a zillion and a half threads on this. Here's one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html.

Download the Ghastly Headset app to see where the Pre is outputting sound. This will tell you for sure that its stuck, then follow one or more of the tips that other people have found to work.

Once you're done with that, buy yourself some bluetooth gear and never again use your headphone jack.
    Mine was stuck in headset mode for the past couple months, just been using The Ghastly Headset, however, today i purchased some graphite powder at a hardware store and puffed a little in the jack, slid a headphone plug in and out a few times and now it's fixed. A lot of the time it's a hardware issue where the bit that moves inside and tells the phone to be in headset mode gets stuck, as was the case with mine.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I got it fixed late lastnight. I plugged my headphones in and then unplugged afew times and it worked. Thanks for the responses. And I would never put a bluetooth headset on my ear, that is just *#%!!
    Ya, for a while, doing things like plugging my headphones in an out real quick, or plugging them in, playing music, pausing the music and then pulling them out would work but after some time, the hardware inside just would get stuck and I had to use The Ghastly Headset, then I read somewhere that graphite powder will unstick the bit inside that gets stuck, picked some up for less than $3, puffed it in the jack, plugged headphones in and out a few times and now it's totally fixed. As a side note, why don't you like bluetooth? My bluetooth stereo headphones are great for using at work to listen to music to because there is no cord to get in the way and if I receive a phone call, I can just press a button on the headphones and answer the call.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Ya, for a while, doing things like plugging my headphones in an out real quick, or plugging them in, playing music, pausing the music and then pulling them out would work but after some time, the hardware inside just would get stuck and I had to use The Ghastly Headset, then I read somewhere that graphite powder will unstick the bit inside that gets stuck, picked some up for less than $3, puffed it in the jack, plugged headphones in and out a few times and now it's totally fixed. As a side note, why don't you like bluetooth? My bluetooth stereo headphones are great for using at work to listen to music to because there is no cord to get in the way and if I receive a phone call, I can just press a button on the headphones and answer the call.
    No need to buy graphite powder, simply use the powder after sharpening a pencil and it works great also (it acts as a dry lubricant). I knew a guy in college when I took architecture that would save all of his powder from sharpening his mechanical pencils and he would use it as a substitute for WD40 on door hinges and he said it worked way better than the WD40. Go figure!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Yes, I got it fixed late lastnight. I plugged my headphones in and then unplugged afew times and it worked. Thanks for the responses. And I would never put a bluetooth headset on my ear, that is just *#%!!
    Considering it's illegal to talk and drive in every province in our great country of ours....except Alberta, it's something to think about. Ya they make you look like a dorky Star Trek wannabe but they aren't that bad. When they suggested buying some bluetooth gear....they were probably referring to bluetooth headphones. Listen to music with your phone wherever and no wires.

Listening to music on a bluetooth earpiece would be lame anyway, mono, oneside, crap.
    Last edited by sledge007; 04/10/2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added a link
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel