Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    all of a sudden I can not see pics on facebook app. It was working this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    all of a sudden I can not see pics on facebook app. It was working this morning.
    What os are you using 1.4.5 or 2.x and also who is your carrier???
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am having the same issue. Verizon pre 2 running webos 2.0.1
    2 things to try:

1. Go to Login | Facebook either on your phone our computer. Dont just do www.facebook.com on your pre for you will get the mobile site which you cannot do jack there. Tap on Account at the top-right and select account settings. Next screen, look for Account Security and tap on change to the right. Take the check out of Secure Browsing (https). Hit the save button. Close your facebook app out and reopen. Well?? If that worked then cocktails! If not go to next thing:

2. Go into the preferences of the Facebook app and remove your facebook account from there. Close the card. Then go to Login | Facebook either on your phone our computer. Dont just do www.facebook.com on your pre for you will get the mobile site which you cannot do jack there. Tap on Account at the top-right and then tap on Privacy settings. Then look for Apps and Websites and tap on Edit your settings link there. Then look for Applications you use and tap on Edit Settings there. From there look for "Facebook for HP webOS" and tap on it. Then next page tap on Remove application and confirm. Then reopen your Facebook application, reinput your credentials and give that a whirl.

This has been happening on both webOS 1 and 2 devices and is based on account. Mine did this but my wife's account was fine.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 04/09/2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I've been having this issue all week. Sprint, 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    verizon pre +, Os 2.1., and I will try account settings.
  7.    #7  
    I turned off http browsing and pics started working. Odd thing is that I turned it on along time ago and the pics just stopped today.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    2 things to try:

1. Go to [url= | Facebook[/url] either on your phone our computer. Dont just do www.facebook.com on your pre for you will get the mobile site which you cannot do jack there. Tap on Account at the top-right and select account settings. Next screen, look for Account Security and tap on change to the right. Take the check out of Secure Browsing (https). Hit the save button. Close your facebook app out and reopen. Well?? If that worked then cocktails! If not go to next thing:

2. Go into the preferences of the Facebook app and remove your facebook account from there. Close the card. Then go to [url= | Facebook[/url] either on your phone our computer. Dont just do www.facebook.com on your pre for you will get the mobile site which you cannot do jack there. Tap on Account at the top-right and then tap on Privacy settings. Then look for Apps and Websites and tap on Edit your settings link there. Then look for Applications you use and tap on Edit Settings there. From there look for "Facebook for HP webOS" and tap on it. Then next page tap on Remove application and confirm. Then reopen your Facebook application, reinput your credentials and give that a whirl.

This has been happening on both webOS 1 and 2 devices and is based on account. Mine did this but my wife's account was fine.
    That worked! Thanks
    I dug around in the Facebook nerd channels and found they changed up their APIs in the SSL areas so until Palm has the time to update the Facebook app to accommodate this change, this fix can be done. Unless you buy that ingame Facebook crap, you wont miss HTTPS much

I dug around in the Facebook nerd channels and found they changed up their APIs in the SSL areas so until Palm has the time to update the Facebook app to accommodate this change, this fix can be done. Unless you buy that ingame Facebook crap, you wont miss HTTPS much
    THANKS, it fixed the problem BUT in my case all my contacts pictures also dont appear anymore and that didnt fix it. Are aware of a way to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer96 View Post
    THANKS, it fixed the problem BUT in my case all my contacts pictures also dont appear anymore and that didnt fix it. Are aware of a way to fix that?
    So non facebook contacts are missing the avatars too? Thats different. What has you done so far?
    I dont know about the non-facebook avatars, I don't have any in place. All the facebook ones are missing even though the pics in the actual app now work with your previous tricks.

My phone has a fresh OS as of yesterday due to the recent bell/palm app catalog download issue that I was trying to fix. Pics went missing before the fresh OS install.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    until Palm has the time to update the Facebook app to accommodate this change, this fix can be done.
    So sometime in the coming months? I'm getting so sick of having to do these ghetto-fab workarounds for something as simple as a FACEBOOK APP. WebOS has the worst support ever. Fml this phone sucks.
    I am a Pre Plus user on Verizon. Mine stoppes working sometime over the weekend. I went to my facebook.com account settings and turned off secure browsing. I reloaded facebook on my Pre and the profile photos returned.

I have a question though if anyone knows the answer. If I leave secure browsing off for a while, can I still access facebook securely by manually typing the https without affecting my facebook for WebOS?

Au revoir,

Bill
    same issue...great thread
    YAY! The account settings update worked.

Thanks addiarmadar!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wbteeple View Post
    I am a Pre Plus user on Verizon. Mine stoppes working sometime over the weekend. I went to my facebook.com account settings and turned off secure browsing. I reloaded facebook on my Pre and the profile photos returned.

I have a question though if anyone knows the answer. If I leave secure browsing off for a while, can I still access facebook securely by manually typing the https without affecting my facebook for WebOS?

Au revoir,

Bill
    Yes, just input the https in the address bar at start of session. That option just forces secure sessions after you signin. Since most acct compromises are occurred through keyloggers on your PC, this option is really only usefull for paying for game services in Facebook.

None of that worked for me
    anyone having an issue with the FB app not working at all. All it says is re-loading & it never does.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Same here - just the spinning circle thingy in the lower right corner. This was just after I went through both of the suggested steps, so I first assumed it was related to that. Now I see there may be a bigger issue.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast