1.    #1  
    Other then flash player, are there other improvements between 1.4.5 and 2.1? My main concern is in online forums when I type a long replay the area I type is doesn't get larger or develop a scroll bar so I have no way of going back and changes thing that are out of view. If webso 2.1 fixes this the it along is worth my time to dr 2.1 on my Pre +

Also, will I lose the hotspot?

Thanks
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    there is a way to go back up in long replies. with the blinking text marker in the text field, hold the orange/gray key and swipe up anywhere on the screen. you should see the the text marker move up or the text move down.

but if you're writing long replies a lot, consider writing it in an app where you can save often, then copy and paste it into a forum reply.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    In 2.1 the screen just scrolls with you as you type.
    Hotspot? freeTether!.
    I like people being able to connect through WiFi, I never have my cable with me. I almost never use hotspot, other people around me use it more then me, it's kind of a show off feature

Also my screen will scroll as I type with 1.4.5 but it's going back to the things I've already type I can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    And you scroll by holding the option key and swiping in the direction you want to scroll on a line.
    I just tried that and it doesn't work, or I'm using it wrong.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    there is a way to go back up in long replies. with the blinking text marker in the text field, hold the orange/gray key and swipe up anywhere on the screen. you should see the the text marker move up or the text move down..
    OH!! Don't swipe in the text area, swipe like a gesture! Same as when you throw away cards. I've had my phone a year and just figured this out, I feel like such a dumb

Thanks!

Guyfromnam, never mind, I figured it out.

So I guess I'll continue with the original question, is the browser better? I've also hear there is a new browser for webos, is it better then the webos browser.
    Freetether will let you share your data connection over wifi, so losing the hotspot isn't a big deal.

The new 2.1 browsers use the same webkit core as the built in browser. They basically just add features.

What in particular are you looking for in terms of features? It's kind of hard to answer "is it better", which is pretty vague...

Also, i would recommend using the Forums app instead of your browser, it's way more user friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I like people being able to connect through WiFi, I never have my cable with me. I almost never use hotspot, other people around me use it more then me, it's kind of a show off feature
    freeTether works over wifi, usb or bluetooth.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    freeTether works over wifi, usb or bluetooth.
    Awesome!

Well one problem is that I can a problem viewing large pictures on the web, it just shows up as a blank spot or page. Seems anything over ~100k.

I'm wondering what's different. If it's worth my time to dr or if I should just overclock and be happy. There seems to be quite a few issues with 2.1 on non-2 pres.
    Is the acid score any better than on 1.4.5? It is 92 on verizon pre plus for me.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9.    #9  
    I found a patch for the picture resolution raise and it works beautifully! I'm all patched up and clocked to 1ghz and I don't see any reason for me to dicker with 2.1. I think I'll wait until the pre 2 is cheap to buy or wait for my upgrade when the pre3 or better should be out. My upgrade is in july but I have anothe line that is available right now if I get to antzy and can't wait

P.S. I'm on my pre typing this and it's working flawlessly. I just had to get a few tips from you guys and stop being lazy and look for solutions myself. Thanks!

And how can we forget the BEST Forum app for webOS ...... "Forums"!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is the acid score any better than on 1.4.5? It is 92 on verizon pre plus for me.

Pre- webos 2.1.0 Flash enabled Acid3 test score still 92
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    there is a way to go back up in long replies. with the blinking text marker in the text field, hold the orange/gray key and swipe up anywhere on the screen. you should see the the text marker move up or the text move down.

but if you're writing long replies a lot, consider writing it in an app where you can save often, then copy and paste it into a forum reply.
    Forums By Newness Developments, is going to have this feature built in.. dunno when.. but i suggested it and he loved it.. GREAT Dev btw.. open to suggestions , has a clear roadmap of where he's taking everything and quick to squash bugs.. cant get better than that