1.    #1  
    I don't hate the Pre in fact I still love it. But I have moved on to the Epic 4G it is a great phone and it actually works well and does what it has been advertised as being able to do(other than video out via usb). I figure I'll be back in 2 years for the Pre 4G if there ever is one. Heck maybe I'll get the touchpad when it comes out. Any thoughts on what I should or could do with my Pre?
    Thanks for the positive comments.
    Hope to see you back soon.
    Hi lightmagick,

If your Pre is in working shape yet, I would suggest selling it in our Marketplace forum. There are members who are looking for a device to get them by until the new hardware is released. Thanks for your contributions here at P|C!
    Frankenpre 2!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I moved on to an EVO 4G after my keyboard and power button died. I recently started using my Pre as kind of like an iPod touch. I play a lot of the PDK-based games on my Pre. There are a lot of cool games on the Pre that just aren't available on Android.

On a side note I miss my Pre. The OS was well-done but I think Android has improved so much that it's going to be hard even with webOS 3.0 to catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    I don't hate the Pre in fact I still love it. But I have moved on to the Epic 4G it is a great phone and it actually works well and does what it has been advertised as being able to do(other than video out via usb). I figure I'll be back in 2 years for the Pre 4G if there ever is one. Heck maybe I'll get the touchpad when it comes out. Any thoughts on what I should or could do with my Pre?
    I happen to know of one developer who has made solid contributions and continues to do so, even though he has been without a Palm for a while. His username is Garrett92C. He developed the Glass Effect suite of themes, and is more recently working on a bunch of patches for the topbar. Check out his stuff.

He is hoping to get a developer Pre 2, but I am sure would love to get his hands on anything.

Just a thought.
    Nice to see a positive farewell and hope its not a complete one. I too said goodbye. I left for the HTC arrive and am also having a good experience. It does what I want and need and works as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I happen to know of one developer who has made solid contributions and continues to do so, even though he has been without a Palm for a while. His username is Garrett92C. He developed the Glass Effect suite of themes, and is more recently working on a bunch of patches for the topbar. Check out his stuff.

He is hoping to get a developer Pre 2, but I am sure would love to get his hands on anything.

Just a thought.
    Cool idea If the OP is willing to donate a device to help out a member developing cool stuff - that's an awesome idea.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    no dout the pre is a great phone... And webos is AMAZING probably the best os out their if people no it or not... But honestly I don't think the original pre can handle webos... Like multi tasking is great.. Wait until it freezes up and restarts... 5-7 min LATER!! The process starts over
    I switched to a Android device too (atrix fyi).
    I really really liked my palm pre but I needed something more and seriously since I got my Atrix I never looked back. I still have the Pre in my heart but the power, the possible customization the apps, everything is better on my Android device.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I have played with (extensively) the Android devices. It is such a pain in the ***, IMO, even though it's "open" it really isn't as "open" as it claims, so much you have to "root" your phone to do, and / or install a custom ROM ... Not as easy as it is with the Pre.
    Ship it to me for FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I did the same thing. The video out was never advertised for it though. I might get another Webos but a lot of things need to change first. Webos needs applications, software bugs need to be fixed and better hardware. All those things just killed it for me.