1.    #1  
    curious as to what peoples speeds are with a sprint pre - with 2.1 installed. I feel lately like my data has really slowed down. Just tested twice and I got 214 kbit/sec and 366 kbit/sec.

anyone else?
    - Skinneejay -
    Mine is acting a little strange. It has to do with the PRL and Network Settings that no longer get updated automatically by Sprint's towers. What's your PRL?
    I havent seen my avg speeds shift between 1.4.5 and 2.1 on my Sprint Pre, its been around ~350kbsps on EVDO. Good point to update PRL in case your are connecting to a psuedo far out there increasing your latency, thus reducing speeds.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    On my 2.1.0 Pre Plus I am getting results all over the place but seem to be just over 320 kbit/sec. The highest being 592.4 kbit/sec.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    How are you testing your speeds???
    Quote Originally Posted by mccinvco View Post
    How are you testing your speeds???
    I'm using a new app called Net Speed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I know right now using the netspeed app in the phoenix area I'm at 595.9KB/s which is about where I was at with 1.4.5 with 2.1 currently being used, so for me, not a noticeable difference
    I'm running a Sprint FrankenPre2 and just tested mine using the Net Speed app and by going to speedtest.net (flash site). I'm getting 1.2Mbps download and 320KB/s upload.
    with my Frankenpre plus, I just got 1.2mbps down and 196kbps up.
    I'm in Phoenix and testing with Netspeed I get 1.1Mbps down and 149kpbs up.
  11.    #11  
    I might have to download this netspeed app. Is it in the catalog or preware?
    I was one of the original updaters. So I didn't update my PRL when I went to 2.1.
    Might have to rerun the doctor. Which I would not look forward to.
    - Skinneejay -