Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    my @#%!ing Palm Pre is sooooooooo @#%!ing slow and even with overclock or not even the most simple of tasks like opening a photo or tapping an icon makes me want to rip the *#!& out of my 0#%! While my $&#@% bleeds and #!@& all over the damn place! Geez! Why does this happen? It was all good not so long ago. ***!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Maybe it's frightened by your language?!?

How long since you restarted it? Have you overclocked it?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Maybe some advice would be forthcoming if we knew the phone, os version, etc.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I do a battery pull every now and then, and when it overacts I restart as well. Its running 2.1, uberkernel 1ghz, pre minus on sprint. It was fine a little while ago, now it just gives me problems almost everyday. :/
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I also doctored my Pre- to 2.1. I am now back at 1.4.5. It seems some of the Pre- do fine with 2.1 and some don't. Your decision.

Right after I would doctor to 2.1 (did it three times total) it would be good for a few days then performance would just start to suffer. It would get to where the touchscreen would be nearly unresponsive and the lag was unbearable.

Thus back to 1.4.5

Good luck
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I do a battery pull every now and then, and when it overacts I restart as well. Its running 2.1, uberkernel 1ghz, pre minus on sprint. It was fine a little while ago, now it just gives me problems almost everyday. :/
    You put an unsupported OS version on your device. Individual results may vary.

Try going back to an official OS version and see if all your problems continue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    do you increase your compcache at all? are you patched? try running an epr and go patch free and see if that helps at all.
    In the last few days i've seen people reporting good results on Pre- running the F104a kernel. Speculation is that the increased system voltage (effectively overclocking RAM) may help with the increased use of compcache.

Give that a shot. Plus, F104 allows 1.1ghz, so that'll give you another little (10%) bump up over your 1ghz clockspeed now.

I'm running 2.1 on a Pre+, and i'm having to reboot on a daily basis, seems there are memory leaks all over, or something strange happening that causes random massive battery drains, and terrible performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    All responses given are based on a stock Pre. My responses not including the ability that Preware or patches have given the device, is not intended to be a negative light.
    dude, your signature is needs the an grammer checking.
    Try the Reboot Scheduler from Preware. My Pre- with 2.1 is set to reboot every morning at 4am, otherwise it will act up like you're saying yours does.
    my @#%!ing Palm Pre is sooooooooo @#%!ing slow and even with overclock or not even the most simple of tasks like opening a photo or tapping an icon makes me want to rip the *#!& out of my 0#%! While my $&#@% bleeds and #!@& all over the damn place! Geez! Why does this happen? It was all good not so long ago. ***!
    hate when that happens
    Yeah I am on a pre- with f104a and love it. I do have preset reset also and reboot every day. I'm in love with the pre all over again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    my pre- is a grandpa in that i have a pre+ and a pre 2
    I have an original Pre. I was having the same issues. I deleted a million programs and Doctored and started new and it is like new.

No one says it, but I think too many programs (apps) changes everything. It was taking over 7 minutes to boot, now... under two.

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Try the Reboot Scheduler from Preware. My Pre- with 2.1 is set to reboot every morning at 4am, otherwise it will act up like you're saying yours does.
    Shouldn't have to reboot all the time just to have a stable phone!! Try another kernel like other people are saying to do or go back to 1.4.5!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    wow..with the f104 kernel and deleting some apps my pre is flying like never before thanks a lot guys for all the help. It was much appreciated. Now if I can only stop that pesky, "unable to take picture" bug that happens every so often.
    wow..with the f104 kernel and deleting some apps my pre is flying like never before thanks a lot guys for all the help. It was much appreciated. Now if I can only stop that pesky, "unable to take picture" bug that happens every so often.
    Give it a week or so and let us know if it stays stable or not!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What profile are you running? The 1.1GHz Govnah standard one?

As for the camera issue, is it a disk space issue? You should also check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...save-pics.html
    sounds like 2.1 is a lot of work on legacy devices
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    well I got 6.1 gb left of space and I'm running a custom profile which is basically the same except the vdemand is high but its no different in terms of stability. Every now and then I take a photo and says unable to take picture. But hasn't happened yet since I changes kernel and deleted some apps. I don't know why it did it but wow, I'm happy its not lagging like before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast