Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    Shouldn't have to reboot all the time just to have a stable phone!! Try another kernel like other people are saying to do or go back to 1.4.5!!
    You're right, you shouldn't have to reboot all the time to have a stable phone. That's why I never reboot. I just have an app reboot the phone for me once a day while I'm sleeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    You're right, you shouldn't have to reboot all the time to have a stable phone. That's why I never reboot. I just have an app reboot the phone for me once a day while I'm sleeping.
    What I really mean is that not even the phone using an app to do the reboot should always have to be done to keep a phone stable. I could see it being done from time to time just like a PC but not all the time!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    The Sprint Pre is just too slow now to be taken seriously anymore. For all those people that got the phone and no nothing about homebrew I am sure they have moved on because without the overclock the phone is terrible. Even at 1ghz overclock the phone is slow, battery life is terrible and the apps are lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    The Sprint Pre is just too slow now to be taken seriously anymore. For all those people that got the phone and no nothing about homebrew I am sure they have moved on because without the overclock the phone is terrible. Even at 1ghz overclock the phone is slow, battery life is terrible and the apps are lacking.
    Just because ios has a ton of good for nothing apps makes people think that webos should have the same thing, at least most of the apps on webos are quality apps that can be used for something and not just to fill up space on a launcher page!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Just because ios has a ton of good for nothing apps makes people think that webos should have the same thing, at least most of the apps on webos are quality apps that can be used for something and not just to fill up space on a launcher page!!!!!
    Are you serious? Webos also has a ton of good for nothing apps and imo barely anything useful. How many ebooks are in the catalog? Where is the full office suite, mobile banking, napster, mint, rhapsody, espn and all the official apps from so many companies that can be found on other platforms? Even Windows Phone 7 has an official Twitter app. SInce I got an Android phone I am able to find any app that I wanted to use in the market. Something that I could never get done on the Pre.

Another thing I don't like about the app catalog is that most apps has a fee and there is no way to sample it before purchase. Some of the apps have no business costing money and there is no refund.
    Shouldn't have to reboot all the time just to have a stable phone!! Try another kernel like other people are saying to do or go back to 1.4.5!!
    You shouldn't have to.....but you do:
    iPhone
    Blackberry
    and this isn't just a Palm-HP related thing, it's all smartphones. Go to Preware and find Preset Reset by Jason Robataille. You can set up daily (or specific days) to auto-reset your phone. I usually set mine for 5:30AM so it's ready for the day. No issues with affecting my alarms either.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Another thing I don't like about the app catalog is that most apps has a fee and there is no way to sample it before purchase. Some of the apps have no business costing money and there is no refund.

That is one of my biggest complaints.
    Doctor to 1.4.5. 2.1 is just not 100% there on a Pre-, while 1.4.5 is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12