Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i did a search but can not find a definitive answer.
    I cancelled my Verizon service to me Pre (downgraded to a dumb phone)

I would like to continue using my Pre for internet, email, calendar etc when I am somewhere that has WiFi.

I made the mistake of doing a complete wipe of my phone with the intent to sell it so now when I turn it on, I am asked to sign into my palm profile.

Can someone who uses their palm WITHOUT phone service walk me through the process? can you still use the app store, patches, etc?
    You can do everything you did before on your phone except make/receive phone calls and texts.
    Depends on the OS version. If you have <2, you can use the palm activation bypass app (http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar) to skip the profile login. Then you can install preware and the show first run app, and use that app to log into your profile.
    I also need help getting around palm sign in. How does the device tool work? or What are the steps? Thanks
    Check out this page:

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html

Which will tell you how to use the devicetool.

Then install Preware and get the Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device and Show First Use App patches.

Run the First Use app, sign in.

Then go to Preware and get the Radio Always Off patch.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just picked up a used Pre Plus to play around with until I can get a new Web OS device. I'd planned on using Meta-doctor to bypass activation. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should just install Preware, which seems to be a less complicated process. Is there an advantage to one or the other method? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lumens View Post
    I just picked up a used Pre Plus to play around with until I can get a new Web OS device. I'd planned on using Meta-doctor to bypass activation. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I should just install Preware, which seems to be a less complicated process. Is there an advantage to one or the other method? Thanks.
    If all you want to do is bypass activation, then Palm's tool is the easiest. With meta-doctor, you have more options such as enabling dev mode, auto-installing Preware and the testing feeds, ssh keys and wifi profiles, disablaing OTA updates, changing carriers and editing partitions.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I Doctored the phone, since I had no idea what version was on it and then installed Preware. I'll play with it for a bit and if it doesn't meed my needs I'll give meta-doctor a try.